Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Which is the fastest superbike of 2010? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Poll: Which is the fastest superbike of 2010?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Which is the fastest superbike of 2010?

Since the introduction of new contenders like BMW’s new S1000RR, Aprilia’s new RSV4R and MV Agusta’s all-new F4 1000, the question every sportsbike fan has been asking is: Which is the quickest 2010 superbike?   Poll closed, winner revealed! - click here      To find out we took part in the first track test of all the 2010 superbike contenders from Europe and Japan. We thashed all nine bikes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 March 2010 13:01)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Aye me too

ok then which one has the most beeeeeans :shock:

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

Marc,

Good on you. I, for one, am interested.

Useability? Bah... who cares. Which one's fastest?

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

im excited..

for sure ALL these are too fast for the road and capable of getting you 5 years... but im still interested to know which is fastest as some float my boat more than others. In these head to heads you always find yourself taking sides - and for me im on the side of the European bikes so im hoping for a whitewash when i read MCN on weds, nothing like seeing the old Jap guard rattled, and nothing like a good upset or victory for the under-dog. So thats why im supporting the MV F4 and KTM RC8R (the bike i think people have underestimated the most - it beat the R1 and RSV4 in the last mcn track test)

it's all good entertainment and there is nothing wrong with that.

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

My money's

on da beemer :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
fitzgibbon8

Feb 10

fitzgibbon8 says:

Fastest??

i think this is an interesting test as all of these bikes are built for one thing and one thing only really arent they to get round a race track as fast as possible, they can try and cover that up with different advertisements and different accessories, but thats not the point of a superbike surely the point is to scare the sh*t out of us and leave a lasting impression. classic case and point of this i think is the rsv4 factory which if i read correctly the pillion seat and pegs are an optional extra

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Aprilia

Only because they set the fastest speed trap speeds at nearly every track last year in world supers ...... althought in stock form i reckon it'd be the beemer ont' road

Reply to this Topic
scottashcockayne

Sep 06

fireblade

great test,  but i think it will be the blade.... its got less power than the bmw but power isnt the always the race winner!!   i saw the dyno graphs of the bmw and its all top end power, it has far less midrange than most other superbikes,  and its on the corners when you leave that can be the decider!! and for that you need drive!!   but im really looking forwards to reading the results!!!  

Reply to this Topic
goksel

Feb 09

goksel says:

speed test ?

speed tests are done in stock 1000 or sbk class.

if mcn test riders cant adapt the bike for themselves that time it wont be all about speed.

Reply to this Topic
Woodystock

Jul 09

Woodystock says:

Well, I´ce never ridden any of this machines, but I guess it has to be BMW or R1. There´s no reason why 2010 test track test should differ from 2009 results for older bikes, unless the test riders learned how to open the throttle in a different way. R1 is said to beat every bike in midrange, though it´s not visible at the dyno. But BM is said to have such a killing top end power that it outclasses anyone and compensates the lack of mid torgue. So we´ll see, but I guess the BMW aspires the title

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

I'm thinking

that the traction control is going to be a huge factor in this - the BMW and the Aprilia may show this.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices