Skip to content

Discuss This BMW S1000RR annihilates competition on track First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > BMW S1000RR annihilates competition on track

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

BMW S1000RR annihilates competition on track

As you predicted in our online poll, BMW’s stunningly fast S1000RR has defeated all eight of its major rivals on track, comfortably annihilating the competition from both Japan and Europe. Read the BMW S1000RR review Find a BMW S1000RR for sale MCN took part in the annual Masterbike test at the new Motorland circuit near Valencia, Spain, where all nine 1000cc inline-fours and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 March 2010 11:57)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

Respect

I have great respect for BMW and what they have achieved with the S1000RR, fantastic. That said I bought the RSV4R, why ? Most the bikes I have owned over my 30  years plus riding have been in line 4's, 16V etc etc and either Japanese or BMW. The Japanese bikes have been faultless and my 3 BMW's all had issues 2 of them breakdowns, so I went off this German mark. For me what sold me on the Aprilia was it's Looks and Sound and that V4 power delivery. I love my RSV4R but have 100% repect for this new BMW.

Reply to this Topic
degixer

Apr 07

degixer says:

s1000rr HYPE

Okay my bike arrived lat week and the anticipation to ride it was killing me. I think i enjoyed the anticipation more than the actual first ride of the bike. Commonsense then prevailed it is only a bike and the media are really over hyping it. I have owned previous bikes in the past and can state good and bad points about this bike. I doubt there is a bike which ticks every single box. As much as I love the design of italian bikes I personally suffered with unrealibilty.

The service from BMW is second to none. but then again it reflects in the price. I keep pinching myself that I paid to have a coulour choice of white. My misses keeps asking the real cost of the bike and i have to underestimate figures :). Guys I own a s1000rr and  have ridden it every day for nearly two weeks now. I can truely say it is a great bike but dont get carried away with the hype. In essence, if my last bike diddnt get stolen i would of been happy with it. You get a complimentary track day (free). BMW also provide insurance which covers bmw track days. This will be my first track day as in the past i have always worried about the cost implications of crashing on a track day.

Reply to this Topic
sidkof

Jan 11

sidkof says:

BMW incredibly fast S1000RR has defeated all eight of his main rivals on the track, easily annihilate the competition from Japan and Europe.

MCN participated in the annual test in the new MasterBike Motorland circuit near Valencia, Spain, where the nine-cylinder 1000 cc fours and 1200 V-twin sportsbike competed head to head.

Each bicycle is subject to a bench test of independent testing to ensure the bikes were not in sync.

Read the full test this week's MCN, on sale Wednesday March 10, 2010 from mensagens para orkut

Reply to this Topic
triumph13

Jan 11

triumph13 says:

NICE

Yeah the new BMW bikes are incredible.  I didn't care for them much in the 80s and 90s, but I can't deny the quality of these bikes.  I would love to have an old 70's RS, toaster style.  That would be an awesome bike to tinker with.

Sammy D.

Travel Insurance

Reply to this Topic
sidkof

Jan 11

sidkof says:

His performance is totally lost on me too. Racing Heavyweight Twins (Buell) was mine, and until the amount of energy mounted on the track in anger can sometimes scare the hell out of me in some situations. (Yes, Go ahead and laugh: p) Although there is no point in the street, still do not want anyone to remove all options. Although I'm not going to buy, you can still appreciate and admire the thing. BMW to carry well in a Stinger missile to shoot.internet marketing services | Home Security Cameras |

Reply to this Topic
gonziwill

Feb 11

gonziwill says:

I enjoyed reading it. I need to read more on this topic...I admiring time and effort you put in your blog, because it is obviously one great place where I can find lot of useful info.
casas rurales con encanto

Reply to this Topic
mstrunk

Mar 11

mstrunk says:

Great

Great share! thanks for this, very helpful! :)

Mountain Khaki

Reply to this Topic
liajames

Mar 11

liajames says:

lia jmes

Interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you flowers canada ontario|toronto flowers wedding

Reply to this Topic
davesteve12

Mar 11

davesteve12 says:

Interesting to read this great article indeed because I have known many great and new things from you. Thanks a lot one more time.

Dave @ Van Insurance

Reply to this Topic
Carolbrown143

Mar 11

I enjoyed reading it. I need to read more on this topic...I admiring <a href="http://orkutscrap.org">Orkut Scrap</a>time and effort you put in your blog, because it is obviously one great place where I can find lot of useful info.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices