Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Honda CB1100 goes on sale in Japan New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: Honda CB1100 goes on sale in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Video: Honda CB1100 goes on sale in Japan

Honda’s eagerly-awaited new retro roadster, the CB1100, has just gone on sale in Japan accompanied by this official promo video – but it still looks unlikely it’ll ever be coming to the UK.   2010 Honda CB1100 production bike revealed The 1140cc, dohc inline four rekindles the classic style of iconic Honda inline fours such as the CB750, puts out 87bhp with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 March 2010 12:31)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

If....

Honda DONT bring out the CB1100 and maybe the R version in the UK .... they will be effing idiots ... BESIDES... this is the exact story and hostory behind the original CB750... only 15 max entitled for UK and in the 2 years after release over 1500 where sold ... its a case of .... ugh ... history repeating itself

I really want the R version myself ...

I liked the HD sections of the vid... very cheeseyyy yet tasteful vid

Reply to this Topic
Bri55hornet

Aug 07

Bri55hornet says:

Best Place For it Japan

Bliemy how retro tame, so if a CB1100 is likened to a Tiger Moth does this mean my CB1300 could be a likened to Hawker Hurricane?

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

Honda Horses for Courses

See the big picture with this, pun intended.

The target market is clearly the successful, professional, second childhood, mild-midlife crisis kind of chap. Carefully chosen, non threatening, beige casual style jacket and loafers along with retro open face helmet make a clear statement that this has nothing to do with being a "biker rebel", no risk taking or anti social statement even hinted at. The pressed Levi's Sunday riders will love it and if big H makes a profit selling bikes then that’s good for all of us. If you lusted after an early king of the road CB750K when you were 16, which was heavier and slower, you have to smile. Kind of pretty, pretty ironic!

Reply to this Topic
mpocock

Feb 09

mpocock says:

Why...

do some people always assume that because a bike has no fairing, doesn't go off road or isn't the size of a small car that it is obviously for people of a certain age. Surely the sports bike and the BMW tourer is much more likely to be seen on our roads today ridden by just those people. Real bikers go naked except on the track. Love the bike and as long as it rides well I will certainly be considering the purchase much more interesting than the VFR.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

The Bikes OK, But..

It's the advert that's the problem.

An insult to any bikers intelligence, especially that vacuous whiney song, what were Honda thinking of?

This video is all about selling the punter a "life-style", to use a media, wanker-word.

This is what we get with all the car adverts you see on tv and cinema, they tell you sweet fanny adams about the product.

What sticks in my throat is that if you buy that companies new car/bike/outboard motor, then you are paying for these expensive un-informative adverts like an extra stealth tax.

My advice for anyone contemplating buying a new Honda: Buy a used older fireblade or spend your hard - earned dosh with Kawasaki.

:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Evidently, another view

I was reminded of the days of the late 60's when watching the CB1100 video. It was a good time, a time that felt good, a time as a young boy I had been riding for only about 5 years.  I'm more than sure a bike with "just" 80 horsepower and modern legs would be fun today. One does not need to push the performance envelope to have fun on a motorcycle. If that's how you get your jollies then there are plenty of bikes to choose from. I'm willing to bet the CB1100 provides a darn good ride, a ride that will take many riders back to the essence of their early days of riding. I think it's a bike I wouldn't mind having in the stable.

Besides, the proof is in the ride. You can sit back all day and take shots at something you don't want to like but you don't really know until you give it a chance.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices