Skip to content

Discuss This Tunstall undecided on BSB Evo British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Tunstall undecided on BSB Evo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Tunstall undecided on BSB Evo

Tom Tunstall is facing an agonising decision whether or not to switch to BSB Evo or stay in the BSB class. The former Privateer Cup Honda rider tried both configurations of engine at Cartagena and is sure which way to go when the season kicks off. He told MCN: “I got up to speed on the superbike first of all and it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 March 2010 16:24)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

tough call !

Will he win in either ?

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

Original name.....

What have you ever achieved Mr Stig? Sweet FA I should imagine - probably a bar room racer who hasn't even got the balls to do a trackday or two.

Reply to this Topic
76rufus

Oct 06

76rufus says:

BSB Evo

I think Tom should do the EVO classthe team wouldn't have the budget to race with the factory bikes. Where as in the EVO it should be pretty close between everyone.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

jasonhall

Or is it Albert eff or bugger Hall?whatever it is you would be wrong but thank you for your interest ,Which class do you think will favour him btw ?

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Evo

Then if he's not upto the mark as a superbike rider he will get a good chance against the evo riders unless ofcourse more of the top riders race in that class

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Sport

Motorcycle racing is a sport . If we cant comment on whether a rider is up to winning or not , what's the point of the forum? Some riders are crap ;relatively speaking . From the posts Ive read on here no poster says, they are better than any of the pros out there , but they can surely comment on those who don't have the skill or finances to compete , cant they?

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

for the Stig

I think the Evo class would make the most sense for Tom. You need a really good team around you to set up a 200bhp plus pucka Superbike in order to make it work around the tight UK circuits. Tom runs his own thing and must have enough to contend with during race weekend without endlessly pouring over engine mapping and traction control settings.

Doing everything yourself is tough enough even at club level.

Tom gave up a really good job at Cummins (where I still work) to pursue his dream and it gets my goat when I see people knocking someone who is putting everything into it the way that Tom is. Just because Tom presents his set up in a very professional manner does not mean that his team is flush with money and that he has minions running around after him.

If you want to lay into someone - why not pick some of the international never do wells who may have once shone brightly but in recent times have done absolutely nothing and yet have still managed to hog some really good rides? I'm talking about the real mallingerers like Fonsi Nieto, Roberto Rolfo, Chris Vermuelen and Shinya Nakano (good riddance) to name but a few.

Roberto Rolfo - on his arse and laid up already and we haven't even started yet.

Chris Vermuelen 2/2 at Phillip Island - good going kid!

PS: My name is Jason - subtle clue for you in my user name.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Nice colours, looks like Camel sponsorship.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Camel

I remember when camel used to sponsor the honda team ,They stopped because they got the hump XD

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

jasonhall

Very commendable of you to support your friend/former work colleague but sadly its a tough sport where results are key,If it is not possible to be competative at this level maybe a step back to move forwards is the answer ? But the majority of fans judge only what they see on the track on race day ,good luck in his chosen class

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices