Skip to content

Discuss This Video: BMW S1000RR is king First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: BMW S1000RR is king

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: BMW S1000RR is king

MCN took part in the annual Masterbike test at the new Motorland circuit near Valencia, Spain, where all nine 1000cc inline-fours and 1200 V-twin sportsbikes competed head-to-head.         Check out the track - onboard an RSV4 at Motorland Watch the video for footage from the three day event and read the full test in this week's MCN, on sale Wednesday 10 March. ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 March 2010 09:16)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
myers525

May 06

myers525 says:

If this test was based on looks then the RC8 would be last, what an ugly mo**er fu**er that thing is, especially when you see one in the flesh

Reply to this Topic
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

Real World

Lets be honest they are all brilliant bikes and the average rider would find it difficult to feel major differences between them either on road or on the odd track day. So it's got to be something else that makes you choose one over another, which one would you like to "wake up to each day ?" For me it's simple the one with the best looks, that sounds fantastic, (guess that's why it's the one featured the most in this video blasting around the track) and it's not the normal in line 16v 4 cylinder set up. For me that's why I bought one it's the Aprilia RSV4R, I just couldn't live with the looks of the BMW as brilliant as it may be. Well done BMW congratulations ! but not for me.

Reply to this Topic
scottashcockayne

Sep 06

track bikes????

a thought i had was that the bmw was super fast around the track, but as everyone knows track bikes make poor road bikes,  as in suspension that hates potholes, steering thats to fast, and a very pokey engine!!!!    roll on a good thorough road test with the same bikes!!    im sure the winner and losers will all change places!!!

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Honestly????

Who gives a shit?

Give me a standard RS125 and I'll whip everyone's ass on the road where 70mph is the MAXIMUM legal limit on the road!

Track day??? Give me an RS250 and I'll whip everyones ass again...

10-15 year old technology against modern stuff... No problem... Tried and tested...

Oops, manufacturers need to keep selling new bikes... Sorry, forgot about that... Maybe they need to deliver something new rather than a screaming engine, different coloured brakes and a slightly altered fairing to match the slightly altered sound...

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

@yellowninja

"Give me a standard RS125 and I'll whip everyone's ass on the road where 70mph is the MAXIMUM legal limit on the road!

Track day??? Give me an RS250 and I'll whip everyones ass again..."

Really?? lol

Reply to this Topic
kpandinu

May 09

kpandinu says:

go to http://www.worldsbk.com/en/sbk-tv.html and play Leon Camier Phillip Island 2010. He stats that you need to learn to ride the bike. As all MCN reviews say that at first they were not comfortable while riding the R1 but when they got comfortable with it always won. Leon Camier say that he needed to ride the R1 differently to make it fast and now he need to do the opposite to go fast with the RSV4. Who cannot do a test with only 4 laps. You need a minimum of three days then you can do the shootout

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Mobile Phone Browsing?

Any chance MCN can put a link to a smaller video (e.g. MP4) for mobile phone browsing? Some of us can't view your site very often on a PC...

Reply to this Topic
TruBlu

Jan 10

TruBlu says:

test,

Just let us the people decide, not some full of bulls%&t tester.Harsh but true.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Too damn ugly!

I just can not believe that BMW  would build such an awesome performer and package it in such a hideously butt-ugly shell.  I'll never understand the teutonic way of thinking! 

No way I'd ever ride something that fugly, I don't care how well it performs.  Screw that!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

lol

they ar like a bunch of wanna be motogp stars........hanging on every time at the end like it really matters!!!...........the beemer can be as fast as it like`s......it`s still looks awful.......it`s the same as saying dawn french is great in bed but you wouldn`t do it

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle