Skip to content

Discuss This NCP corrects misleading signs after MCN investigation General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > NCP corrects misleading signs after MCN investigation

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

NCP corrects misleading signs after MCN investigation

Misleading parking signs which told motorcyclists they had to pay have been clarified following an MCN investigation. We revealed in December how car park giant NCP had effectively introduced an unlawful parking charge by telling riders they must pay to use spaces in council car parks which should be free. The firm, which runs car parks for dozens of local...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (12 March 2010 14:16)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
magmann

May 06

magmann says:

Great result MCN! What a disingenuous, hypocritical response from NCP. Management at NCP would obviously know what they were doing---intending to mislead and misdirect motorcyclists in order to force them to pay. Anyone who contrives a sign like that has put some thought into it! As usual, with devious, bad management they then try to blame the poor plebs at the coal face, who have 'misunderstood' and 'need more training,' as well as implying that 'customers' were confused: was not that the intention? How do I find  a list of free parking in NCP and other car parks? Anyone have some useful info/links?

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I agree with magmann, If it hadn't been for the publicity afforded by MCN this may not have happened. Anyone with half a brain would know this was a 'deliberate policy' Car/bike parking is big money for councils & private companys and they are always looking for ways to generate more income, no matter how underhand the tactics are.

Reply to this Topic
Diggah

Mar 10

Diggah says:

Trouble is what's to stop them making the official bike parking spaces tiny, hidden or hard to access forcing you to use a car bay? I fear it's not the last we've heard of this.

Reply to this Topic
jbond

Aug 02

jbond says:

Westminster

Westminster council tried to buy us off and stop moaning about the parking charge by offering some free places in car parks. But then they outsourced the car parks to NCP/NSL. At some of them, NCP then closed the covered bays and left the M/C bays on the roof (eg Leicester Sq). Or the bays are on the deepest level of the car park. NCP are a for-profit organisation so there's really no reason why they should provide free M/C bays at all.

Reply to this Topic
bobr13

Aug 06

bobr13 says:

I have always paid even though I didn't have to. Thanks MCN!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices