Skip to content

Ask an Expert CRF250X Roal Legal? Help! Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > CRF250X Roal Legal? Help!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply



Mar 10

Posts: 7

431TT says:

CRF250X Roal Legal? Help!

Hi all,

I've just got new Honda CRF250X which has been registered for road use and is insured/numberplate etc. The bike came with only lights, not a brake light just front and back constant lights, no indicaters/horn/reflecters/speedo.

Also are the tyres it comes with road legal?

I have, searched online, rung VOSA, rung DVLA, and no one is able to give me a straight answer!!!

I've heard that I don't need this and that but no two answers are alike!!!

I've been riding it anyway but don't want to get fined or points really.

Please can someone give me some straight answers? Please do not reply if you are merely speculating I need some facts.

Bike is 2010 plate.

Many thanks,


[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 March 2010 11:12)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



Mar 10

Posts: 7

431TT says:


Thanks Paul that was a good shout Clive is very helpful and clued up.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic


Jun 06

Posts: 303

mrh3369 says:


and you need a horn.

Reply to this Topic


Mar 09

Posts: 111

Pwarr41 says:

road legal

You need a horn, speedo, rear reflector and a brake light to be road legal. If the bike was first registered after a certain date, which i can't remember, then it needs indicators fitted too. As for tyres, any tyres that aren't below the minimum tread depth should be legal, if you have off road tyres then the space between the nobbles must be less than 60mm to be road legal.

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices