Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Thruxton JPS tribute Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Triumph Thruxton JPS tribute

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Ped Baker  says:

Triumph Thruxton JPS tribute

Even if the black and gold paintscheme is a little confused (Norton are associated with JPS not Triumph) there’s no denying the quality of this modded Thruxton. Built by Austrian Triumph dealer Jurgen Schnaller and called the ‘Greymouth’ the bike features flat side Keihin carbs, Raask exhaust, high compression pistons, ported and polished head and high lift camshafts. Schnaller is claiming a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 March 2010 17:21)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

lovely

I guess a lot of 40+ year olds will associate this sponsor and colour scheme with the Lotus Formula 1 Teams more than the bikes  (anyone remember the Lotus 72 and Lotus 77?).

Don't think I will be queuing up to spend £16k on it though...

Reply to this Topic
theartofwar

Jan 06

theartofwar says:

16K?

for that you could get an rotary F1!

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Special

I am of an age to remember the JPS colours of yesteryear, and there is no doubting the craftmanship involved in this bike. BUT, is it just me or are bikes getting really expensive? When a faired Yamaha Diversion is going at £6k+ and anything vaguely sporty topping 8k, where is the affordable (I don't mean a 20 year old K75) side of biking going?

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Price is a bit on the hot side, you can get a lot more for your money elsewhere.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Price is a bit on the hot side, you can get a lot more for your money elsewhere.

Reply to this Topic
kingmoham

Mar 08

kingmoham says:

JPS Thruxton

Doesn't do it for me. The 'JPS' doesn't even remotely make sense. The cost of parts and paint do not justify the cost for the bike at retail. This will be a one off anomaly.

Reply to this Topic
andyinvienna

Nov 05

andyinvienna says:

Hmm

Could have credited  Vienna motorbiker for bringing this article to the MCM forum :-/ viennamotorbiker.webs.com/headlines.htm

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices