Skip to content

Discuss This AC Schnitzer shows off tweaked BMW S1000RR New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > AC Schnitzer shows off tweaked BMW S1000RR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

AC Schnitzer shows off tweaked BMW S1000RR

It’s not often you can look at a new 1000cc superbike from an aftermarket tuner and realise they have made it more comfortable and a little more practical, but that’s exactly what German BMW tuning masters AC Schnitzer has done. AC Schnitzer has been fettling BMW for years and the S1000RR is the latest machine to be tweaked – just not...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (19 March 2010 13:41)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

AC

Schnitzer never tune engines on BMW's, its only ever bolt on cosmetic changes...so this bike is no surprise!

Reply to this Topic
eltomo

Dec 09

eltomo says:

haha

Thatll be a few extra grand for what is essentially a modified top yoke with some renthals!

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

WHAT!!!!

This exercise is like giving a super model a face drop and a breast reduction!!! WTF are those bars all about???? I think our teutonic brothers are having the laugh, no?

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Sorry, but i just dont get the flat bars on a bike like this....looks wank. Buy a Tuono and save a few grand if you want flat bars...

Reply to this Topic
paulqc

Jun 09

paulqc says:

Ooops.

Yeah, those bars really do look dog-shit don't they?

Reply to this Topic
aa4vans

Mar 09

aa4vans says:

AC Who?

AC Schnitzer, WOW WEEE!

Looks like they done a pretty poor job.

Get ALPINA on with the Job! Proper BMW Styling!

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Hmmm..

That's a tune-down not a tune-up! 

Reply to this Topic
LukeZX6

May 09

LukeZX6 says:

wtf

You don't buy a £12,000 for it to be practical, complete waste of time

Reply to this Topic
MATT5000

Jul 09

MATT5000 says:

Missing the Point !!

I think the majority of these comments are missing the point.

Handlebars conversions are incredibly popular, if you want comfort then you buy a sports tourer right?.....wrong!

You buy the best Superbike on the market, change the bars and hey presto..unlike the touring bikes you now own a superbike with unbelievable performance, fantastic suspension and brakes, state of the art styling and basically the best of both worlds.

In the real world (not many people have a private race track)

Superbike performance and touring comfort

Better visibilty over cars and hedges, smoother on corners due to increased leverage on the bars so better counter steering

These conversions are so good that only people that havent ridden a superbike with one fitted diss them, if you can put up with a crippling riding position then go for it.

I prefer to be able to ride all day and only stop for petrol.

When you get a bit older and you still want a Superbike then you may consider one of these kits, or your alternative is a crappy touring bike... No more power, no more great suspension and crap styling... the choice is yours!

I have owned 15 bikes with these kits fitted, R1's, Blades, Mille's, ZX's and guess what my current bike is a BMW S1000RR with the kit fitted (not schnitzer's kit as its totally over priced)

Try one and then make an informed comment rather than just dissing something because its different

These kits keep Superbike riders riding superbikes well into there late seventies, how many old bikers have you seen recently on a superbike with clipons... You will also be old one day.

Reply to this Topic
ACSchnitzerUK

Oct 11

This is our top-selling handlbar conversion, S1000RR owners love them!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices