Skip to content

Discuss This Video: MV Agusta F4 1000 v MV Agusta F4 1078 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: MV Agusta F4 1000 v MV Agusta F4 1078

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: MV Agusta F4 1000 v MV Agusta F4 1078

The MV Agusta F4 1078 is unquestionably one of the finest-looking machines ever, but it has recently been replaced. For 2010 there's the new F4 1000 - toned, tweaked, easier to live with yet still as beautiful as ever.    Browse MV Agustas for sale But is the new bike worth the extra £2,250? Or should you snap up one of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (24 March 2010 09:33)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

so, with the new 998cc engine, are mv going to race it?

i'd buy either bike at a stroke, or the aprilia rsv4 .... not because of the monumental power, but because these italian bikes are soaked with character and great looks.  something that the japanese need to relearn ...

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

As said in this weeks MCN, the rear end of the old model looks far better with the round quad pipes. I think they should have stuck with that.

Reply to this Topic
fawnykate

Nov 09

fawnykate says:

For the Money !!!

Two great bikes, but two different roads to walk down.

The 1078 RR is a full spec no holds barred fantastic bike and you probably wont?/can't afford to spend any more money on it, it 's got the lot. unless you want to waste thousands on carbon parts.

The New 2010 F4 well Its a great bike and alot more "JAP" than the MV of old, thats means its softer and easier to live with on an everyday basis.

Nor is it designed by Massimo Tamborini, which in all honesty you can tell, look at the holes in the fairings where once there was lovely silver wire shesh there now exists just a void.To be honest its like sending a Picasso to an Art college to be touched up and then hoping no-one recognises. The square exhausts, well where do you start , Talk about a boo boo.

Apparently it a better bike though, it must be it newer.

I tell you what I would love to buy!!! the old bike with the new bike electronics on it , thats what.

Guess what? Thats what they will be selling in a few years time.

Look , they are selling it with the star wheels like the f4750's of old, and bet your life everything you want for this new f4 will be a fortune.

Go buy the old ones up now.

Reply to this Topic
MVChris

Jul 11

MVChris says:

I have one

I actually have one of these, the 2011 model and would have to disagree with the round pipe comment, the square ones look much better. the round ones remind me of the old days when italian bikes were notorious for sh1tty electrics. As Neevsey said they are totally different bikes. Also the previous F4 had been setup properly compared to the original that is why they are comparable, whereas the new one is ridable from the get go. I had a 2008 gixxer thou before this and it makes that bike feel like a sports tourer. I can never go back to a Jap thou after riding this new F4, Its amazing. The kit you get with these bikes makes a hell of a difference for not much more money. If i had the choice i would still by the new one and not the old one, its just looks better and handles better straight away.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices