Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha Fazer8 to cost £8799; FZ8 £7799! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Yamaha Fazer8 to cost £8799; FZ8 £7799!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Yamaha Fazer8 to cost £8799; FZ8 £7799!

Yamaha has just released the UK prices for the ‘budget’ Fazer8 and FZ8 and they are going to cost a wallet-melting £8799 for the half-faired bike and £7799 for the naked FZ8. MCN had reliable inside information that predicted the prices of the two bikes was going to be considerably less – up to £1000 less was the information we had. We...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (24 March 2010 16:07)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

I checked twice...

...but it's not April 1st yet. So who's fooling who? That's Yamaha off my consideration list for 2010 - first the 1200, now this? Does the 8 do 100mpg? Does it have 25,000 mile service intervals? Does it make the tyres last four times as long? Then sorry, Yamaha you have nothing to offer me at the price point. Your residuals suck, your dealer services are expensive, your build quality average. I have a suggestion for the manufacturer - change your name to Yamahahaa! as frankly, you're having a laugh...

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

Yamaha to go bust in 2011.

You heard it here first ;-)

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Loads of Bikes left

Yamaha will have loads of bikes left this winter as they are not going to sell many given the curent pricing policy.

The board room must be shocked by the real world price of Suzuki's new Bandit tourer ! this will sell by the shed load

I bet by winter the new 1200 twin will be about 9k and how many new cross plane R1's have we seen on the road this year ?

It will be a pity if they do go under but with prices like this it has to happen as no one will buy the Bikes

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

Yamaha to go bust in 2011.

You heard it here first ;-)

Reply to this Topic
AlexL

Feb 09

AlexL says:

R1

I think there have been almost as many R1s sold as fireblades, which is a good amount.
You guys seem to be condemming the price before the bike has even been ridden! it might just be a very good bike and worth every penny. There is also a lot of "I bought X bike for X amount and its a much better deal", how do you know? Someone here said that they bought Tuono for under 7k; what is its initial list price? More than FZ8?
The naked FZ8 is 7799, which is the one to compare to the tripple. FZ will probably have fully adjustable suspension, more like tripple R. So there is £800 difference. There is no way in hell you will get a discount on the tripple at the moment, but FZ8 on the other hand will be sold at a less than the list price, may be even with 0% interest. Once again, no 0% interest on the tripple. I know that tripple doesn't need to have these insentives, but we really don't know what FZ8 is like.
All I'm saying, just wait and see what the bike is like before judging. Its kind of silly saying that the company will go bust, based on....?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

yamaha to go bust?  thanks for the laugh guys!!   lol

Reply to this Topic
Fazerpod

Mar 06

Fazerpod says:

Ouch

I bought my new Fazer 600 in 04 (wow is that really 6 years ago?) for £4,700.

I've heard of inflation but c'mon Yamaha :-O

.....  I won't be buying a new Yam til that price comes down......

Reply to this Topic
marval

Nov 03

marval says:

Not suprisingly Yamaha are the only mainstream franchise NOT to publish prices on their website!!!  No doubt they will have some pre rehearsed garbage for this, but whatever they say they are just downright embarased. As a retired car dealer, my sympathies lie with the franchisees who are forced th spend thousands on premises, corporate images, demonstrators and in most cases now insist on solus representation. The return being being able sell  and service this illustrious product. Having recently visited a couple of dealers , you can see the depression on their faces in these already trying times.  You only have to see the values of late used and pre reg bikes to understand the real value of the bikes in the market place. No matter what dealers have to do sell, Yamaha will get their money, so hey why should they worry???  They may eventually see the light and realise that unprofitable dealers will not survive.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices