Skip to content

Discuss This Bike tax up 6% General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike tax up 6%

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bike tax up 6%

Road tax for bikes over 600cc rises from £66 to £70 from April 1. The 6% rise was contained in yesterday’s Budget.  Tax for bikes between 401cc and 600cc rises from £48 to £50 while the rate for smaller bikes remains frozen at £15 for up to 150cc and £33 for up to 400cc. The Motorcycle Action Group said tax should...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 March 2010 13:06)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Big-Gixxer-Pix

Aug 08

I do care but would rather be striking that throttle and not worrying about f***ing tax if we ever get the weather..... :(

I think mcn have twated a few findings up....

The roads aint like this in europe what a suprises are they taking out of our pot or what ?

Hate cider you girl and signed the petition, shows how far that goes. Going to have to wait 96 days til I leave for Catalunya then things will be fine.

More money wasted I wonder where that will go..... Not where it should go....

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
jmcbr

Mar 09

jmcbr says:

Just c***s

The government don't give a fuck about the peolple of this country and the misery it puts upon them everyday by taxing the hell out of everything they can. The sooner people in this country wake up to that fact the better. When was the last time the government ever reduced tax? They're far too busy filling out their expense forms to feather their own nests & taking money off those that work to give it to those that don't. It was 187 billion last year in benefits alone. That's why there's no bloody money to fix the roads or anything. It was never a fair tax system to start with so does anyone seriously expect those that don't live in the real world to to make life easier for those of us that do? It doesn't make any difference whether it's cameron or brown, the agenda is the same & they're gonna screw us in one way or another. None of them have ever had a proper job where their trying to make ends meet. Like I say, they live in a different world.

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
GHolmes81

Sep 08

GHolmes81 says:

SORT THE ROADS

Im really not to fussed about a couple of quid, JUST SORT THE BLOODY ROADS OUT

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

MAG waste of space

I'm not being funny but as over 95% of the motorcycles and scooters in this country (i.s the VAST majority!) are homologated to Euro 3 or older, it seems a bit of a moot point to be championing non-existent Euro 4 machines (for which there is no requirement for motorcycle manufacturers to adhere to by law). 

They should be spending their efforts in the best interests of the majority of bikers and not making us all look like a bunch of whiney tossers.

Reply to this Topic
MattMorris

Sep 09

MattMorris says:

Fuck the scooter riders

First off £4 a year is fuck all so stop moaning. We all knew that taxes were gonna rise across the board and £4 isn' t anything to worry about. As has been pointed out, the majority of two wheeled vehicles are scooters, They pretty much all are rode by kids who replace the exhaust with a red bull can and contribute most damaging emissions. In terms of raising money to fix the roads economy of scale tells you straight away that raising the tax rate for scooters even by £2 a year will raise more money to repair the roads ( assuming we do fix pot holes with cash and don't fund some bankers twatting Yacht) And personally I fucking hate scooter riders so fuck 'em.

Reply to this Topic
KWAKZ750S

Aug 08

KWAKZ750S says:

mag waste of space??

FYI groups like MAG & BMF are not some professional outfit making money from their members.  These groups are merely a bunch of ordinary bikers from all walks of life who have banded together in order to collectively make their voices heard.  If you think you can offer something more, then feel free to join us and contribute to the cause.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Catch22

You can't oust a government with a revolution cos you'll just get arrested.... (Not to mention as soon as you start a tribe - fearful-ones will just roll over bark and payup)

An extra £2 to keep the R6 on the road ain't gonna dent the bank... 2grand because our 1st time buyer mortgage went through 2 months early will!... doubt I'll see the government refund that in a hurry!?

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

4 quid damn!!

well couple of quid ain't much and cant say I will notice till next year since bike has just been taxed lol. If it was used for the roads then fine but it isn't its used to line the pockets of everything else and any politician that believes they need a pay rise. Way I see it would rather have the fuel cost lowered than the road tax so would rather bitch about that ;)

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

MAG waste of space!

KWAKZ750S - I know what MAG and BMF are having donated money to the BMF last year.  I also totally agree with focus groups in principle and attended meetings with more than one 'chapter' of MAG... unfortunately my experience was not a pleasant one and I doubt I am the only person who had a negative experience.  I found MAG to be a cliquey, unfriendly place to be...with more than their fair share of people obsessed with their own self-importance.  Not very nice and sort of reminded me of the pigs at the trough from Animal Farm...thats unfair but it is the lasting impression I took from it, i'm afraid.

Focus groups representing minorities 'fighting the good fight' are to be applauded and supported, but surely not when they are fighting for issues that affect so few people. As with many organisations of this type, I feel the problem with focus groups is, ironically, their lack of focus.  In order to have greater success, MAG, BMF et al need to pick their battles a little better, rather than bleating at every perceived injustice thus making them an annoyance rather than the 'voice of the people' they profess to represent.

Obviously this is just my opinion.  I love motorcycling and clearly would welcome changes to the current climate of governement endorsed ambivalence (at best) towards our most cherished of pass-times.

And dont get me started on the feckin pot holes!

Reply to this Topic
Premises187

Jun 09

Premises187 says:

Lol thank god I have a DRZ400sm!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool