Skip to content

Discuss This Men & Motors closing down General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Men & Motors closing down

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Emma Sulway  says:

Men & Motors closing down

Digital TV channel Men & Motors will be closing down for good at 6am on April 1st. ITV – who own the channel – want to instead use the channel space for their HD broadcasts. The channel, which started broadcasting in 1996, enjoyed a brief spell on free-to-air digital television, but was soon replaced. Men & Motors has shown many biking...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 March 2010 15:06)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
awoo

Aug 02

awoo says:

will it be missed?

Granted the TT coverage was good but having spent the past 8 weeks recovering at home from leg surgery I for one will not miss Men and Motors. The level of repeats is one of the highest accross the whole of the digital channels and I even saw programmes on there this week that were first shown in 2002-2003 and they were talking about the latest bikes!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Im not suprised

They can only show re-runs of "Scratchin" for so long...every bike based progamme they show has been shown several times...When they first started...it was great..but then they ran of fresh programmes.....I personally cant stand watching " Dev" from Corrie...letch over Mary-Ann Hobbs in " Full Throttle Famous" any more !!

The only great presenter on there was " Deita Karren " in Custom Choppers......what a babe !!

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Won't be missed

M&M was one of the worst channels about. Far too many repeats of rubbish you don't want to watch. In fact if it wasdn't for this story I probably wouldn't have even noticed. There was certainly very little worth watching for men and even less about motors. Dave has more about motors now and there is always motors TV.

Reply to this Topic
GHolmes81

Sep 08

GHolmes81 says:

Here Here

Here Here awoo

Reply to this Topic
mpt600

Apr 05

mpt600 says:

So I suppose I'll have to find some other channel to watch Boon on now. Really, no-one will miss it.

Reply to this Topic
CarsOrBikes

Jun 08

CarsOrBikes says:

Gap could be filled?

It did show repeats, and rubbish shows, and some very poorly presented shows, but at least it showed bike related programmes. It doesn't have to be watched every day, and if the content was better, it would be viewed more often, and with interest.

The problem is, the programme makers have no interest in the topic, and the decision makers no idea about the level of motoring interest out there.

Well made motoring programmes that don't just show extreme driving/riding but that are entertaining and informative could be viewed by many.

A more versatile top gear style programme, covering bikes too, and pitfalls, laws etc, training, technical, innovation, reviews, buying guides, techniques etc.

My2p

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

bad channel ,go away.

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

The problem I have...

... is that most 'motoring' shows tend to be pitched at the wrong level in a sort of middle ground. In order to be accessible they simplify and don't go deep enough, so most stuff they talk about I already know and it comes across as a bit patronising. If someone is watching Men and Motors then I reckon it's safe to assume they have a little bit of background interest and knowledge in motors and you can present on a similar level to my mates down the pub.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

bike programmes?

the bike programmes they produced were absolute cack as was the rest of the station showing old outdated toss.....there was an opportunity to do bike reviews,car reviews,bike vs car shootouts etc etc etc......but all it did was put on crash video`s on a loop....goodbye

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Sad to see it go...

It wasnt as bad as some of the comments make out, at least it did show bike shows, you wont see programes like that on any other channels, so still a loss. The TT coverage was OK too.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices