Skip to content

Discuss This Men & Motors closing down General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Men & Motors closing down

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Emma Sulway  says:

Men & Motors closing down

Digital TV channel Men & Motors will be closing down for good at 6am on April 1st. ITV – who own the channel – want to instead use the channel space for their HD broadcasts. The channel, which started broadcasting in 1996, enjoyed a brief spell on free-to-air digital television, but was soon replaced. Men & Motors has shown many biking...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 March 2010 15:06)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
johnnyfry

Jul 07

johnnyfry says:

didn't know it was still going

I think I may have watched it twice since it came out, I didn't know it was still inexistence so it's not going to bother me at all if it goes dodo

Reply to this Topic
hawkeye1

Mar 10

hawkeye1 says:

Frankly I'm glad they are going. I actually got a subscription with sky simply to watch Men and Motors. Back then they had quite a few bike shows on touring, new bikes etc. However after a period all the good motorcycle shows were axed and such terrible things as bike crash crazy (must have been made in the dark ages), out of control, and many hopeless car shows such as top dog car started being shown. Its as if someone who had no interest in bikes at all had taken over.

I couldn't understand how a channel could justify showing so many repeats day after day. Please go swiftly men and motors, you'll not be missed. I know you don't have a large budget but thats no excuse for the quality of your broadcasting.

Reply to this Topic
hipho

Oct 06

hipho says:

men & motors

it used to be a good channel i don't watch it any more glad to see it go

Reply to this Topic
Cripes

Feb 10

Cripes says:

Men & Motors closing down

A sad and inevitable end to a once essential channel for car and bike enthusiasts. Whilst the programmes were always cheap in all senses of the word, they did have some good bike test progs. I seem to remember a certain Mr Hammond doing a few car tests in the early days. He moved on - unlike the programme makers.

And let's not forget the 'Men' bit of Men and Motors. After 9pm you could view all manner of scantily clad ladies, cavorting and undressing to cheezy smooth jazz. At least the premium chat line ads didn't last forever.

I suppose with all the other channels doing their own car, bike and cop shows, M&M found themselves squeezed out and never fought back...

The two absolute worst home productions were Vroom Vroom, and Top Dog. The former by rating a a car by how far away you can hear the car stereo, and the latter because of Penny Mallory and her utterly cringeworthy presentations. She should stick to rallying - she was good at that!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MrMidlands

Dec 09

MrMidlands says:

Been on the cards

I'm amazed it was still broadcasting, it output over the past 2-3 years has been somewhat dire to say the least. It was obvious that ITV only kept the channel up and running so they could use the channel for extra bandwidth when HD was required in the future (which is now). I think we will see a lot of the +1 channels across cable, freeview and satellite disappear soon for the same reason.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle