Skip to content

Discuss This Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes

A Labour MP has urged people to tell their male loved-ones not to ride motorcycles.Huddersfield MP Barry Sheerman called motorcyclists “widow makers and orphan makers” who were “disgraceful in a civilised society”.   He said: “If you have a husband, boyfriend or son who wants to get a motorbike, please try and persuade them to get something with four wheels instead.” Join...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 March 2010 16:19)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cardiffmc

Mar 10

cardiffmc says:

what do you expect from the establishment

Typical knee jerk reaction to the image of bikers being bad ass (lol) and a danger to them self's.

Reply to this Topic
davidh36

Aug 06

davidh36 says:

This is what i sent him.....Prick

uiry Type:: General Enquiry
Your Comments:
Dear Barry, Congratulations, you have on your own efforts managed to make up the minds of millions of bikers all over the UK on who they will vote for in the coming elections.....it won't be Labour, you will be out of power for a generation to come. When will the Government and the PC brigade learn that you cannot tell people how to live their lives...its wrong and disgusting, Labour have sunk to the same level Hitler, One model society for all....no way mate it's not going to happen, you can call bikers "widowmakers" and all the other rubbish you spout but the only disgusting and untolerable people is see on a day to day basis are you and the rubbish that sit in Parliament. Labour have broken most of their promises to the people of this Country on things like the European referendum and then we have M.P's being investigated for pocketing OUR MONEY....WELL MATE, IT ALL STOPS IN MAY 2010. Labour have been the worst Government in living memory...you are Sir...............a class one idiot. Regards D. Hamer
Name:: David Hamer
Contact Telephone Number:: Telephone Number
Your Email Address:: david.hamer3@tesco.net
Address:: Address Line 1
Address2: Address Line 2
Address 3: Address Line 3
Postcode: Postcode
Contact Barry Sheerman...
Huddersfield:
01484 451 382
Westminster:
0207 219 5037
Opening times Mon-Fri from 9 to 3
About Barry Sheerman...
Barry Sheerman Find out about Barry Sheerman MP Find Out More
The Week Ahead...
Week Ahead Find out about my week ahead

Find Out More

Reply to this Topic
dazfuller

Oct 07

dazfuller says:

Not as dangerous as...

According to the governments own figures for 2008 you're more likely to die as a pedestrian than as a motorcyclist! http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/statistics/datatablespublications/accidents/casualtiesmr/rcgbmainresults2008

Reply to this Topic
joeguvnor

May 09

joeguvnor says:

CIVILIZED SOCIETY?

School boys & girls chasing a fellow pupil & stabbing him to death on London Tube is civilized society?

Shouldn't  he be thinking about sorting that out maybe? or come up with some reform plan or even harsher punishment for youth crime? Not all bikers  are like the moron who got a jail term and a ban yesterday for riding like a shit-head with his mates on a public road!! What about Paramedics, AA, Quick response recovery, Police bikers, Couriers, some NHS doctors, Handy men(repair), and the huge amount of people who work in the motorcycle industry? Should they all think about a new career because this MP has had a bad experience with a biker? It goes to show how out of touch some MPs are!!!!

Reply to this Topic
bobphillips

Oct 06

bobphillips says:

vote tory?

hopefully the rather dim mr sheerman has just cost his party a million votes..another labour gov would ban bikes..is that what dear dopey barry is trying to say?

Reply to this Topic
norfolknchance

Aug 05

Pratt

I ain't married and don't have any kids. I am frequently made aware of how dangerous bikes are by my father who was a pathologist and used to tell us on every possible occassion [u]exactly [/u]how dangerous they are, I don't need to be lectured to by this idiot.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

MP talking borrocks

Oh good, another fully enlightened MP spouting baseless rubbish. Would it not be better for him to concentrate his efforts on reducing the causes of the statistics, such as improved rider/driver education, better roads, reduction in roadside clutter etc? Don't forget, you disgraceful widow makers, you are ALL voters; take the chance to shove it up the MP's hoops (without lube) at the next election, it's what they dserve!  

Reply to this Topic
hondarc30

Jul 09

hondarc30 says:

MCN link...

just sent the link to this blog to Sheerman.....

MP Sheerman Read this for what your motorcyclist voters and motorcyclists in Britain think of you and your labour rhetoric.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2010/March/mar2610-Labour-MP-Tell-loved-ones-not-to-ride-motorbikes/Post.aspx

Reply to this Topic
BigKev86

Mar 10

BigKev86 says:

MP's

Self serving, pompous, pious pillock. It's not surprising the public have no faith in politics and MP's in particular. He should go back to submitting dodgy claims, lying to the public (Oh, I see he is!) and taking jolly's abroad to discuss climate change.

Reply to this Topic
MattMorris

Sep 09

MattMorris says:

Go fuck yourself

This guy can go fuck himself. Firstly his figures are wrong. Secondly he takes the naked statistic out of context and doesn't look to explain the whys and wherefores. Many fatal bike crashes occur due to the idiocy of the rider involved. At least on 2 wheels the idiot only takes himself out. This knobrot MP would rathet the idiot was on 4 wheels thus increasing the chance of people being hurt. Let's face it a dickhead in a car is more of a threat to the general public than a dickhead on a bike. And we are all aware of who wins in the bike vs car fight so  what is this guys problem. Smoking and alcohol kill far more people than bikes but he's strangly silent on these widowmakers. Did I mention this guy should go fuck himself? I did? good i thought  it was important that he was aware of my feelings on the matter.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices