Skip to content

Discuss This Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes

A Labour MP has urged people to tell their male loved-ones not to ride motorcycles.Huddersfield MP Barry Sheerman called motorcyclists “widow makers and orphan makers” who were “disgraceful in a civilised society”.   He said: “If you have a husband, boyfriend or son who wants to get a motorbike, please try and persuade them to get something with four wheels instead.” Join...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 March 2010 16:19)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
des077

Mar 10

des077 says:

Leave bikers alone

Yet another muppet, maybe if the roads wernt in such bad condition and more biker friendly barriers were in place plus less road furniture, deaths may actually fall.

I think in one mcn issue i remember that one in five motorcyle deaths was attributed to a collision with (dangerous to bikers) barrier and that it would be safer to miss these barriers completly, so what does this goverment do? OOH yeah they add terminators on the start of these barriers, not very biker friendly.

This goverment is anti biker, hence the bike test gets more difficult to stop new riders, police have specifically targeted bike speeding were there licence may be lost, and the roads are in the worst condition i've ever seen.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

typical

just another boring cunt in a suit who dislikes any "deviant" group or activity or anyone having fun for that matter.  

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

TWAT

How can a senile old prick who steals from the british public have the balls to tell us what mode of transport we can use, if i want to spend whats left of my wages after these corrupt, scum bags have used my money to have a jolly abroad and paid for their flats, on the fastest bike i can afford then these arseholes arent gonna stop me.

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

Labour Hoon

It's like the expenses scandal never happened. You'd think these clowns would keep their heads down and their mouths shut. This buffoon claimed a total of £158,642 in the year2007/8 and yet he still feels he has the authority to lecture adults on what form of transport to use. Anyone with the slightest self-awareness would, doing what these MP's have done, act like a civilised human being and resign.

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

C**T

Just die sheerman u twat bastard!

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
gunnut

Apr 09

gunnut says:

the mans a dick head,as well as being a fiddling self serving crook.

Reply to this Topic
gabbro

May 09

gabbro says:

A Thought

To use some of his words, Around 1260 people in cars die each year, which is an astonishing figure. In one year more people are killed in car crashes than British soldiers killed in combat in the last 40 years.

It'd be interesting to know how many cars have caused the deaths of other road users, such as the 572 pedestrians and 115 cyclists.

Reply to this Topic
styler4077

Aug 06

styler4077 says:

Send him your thoughts via email

Don't just rant on here....

Send this guy an email. sheermanb@parliament.uk and say what you think.

Spam filters will stop profanities :-(

web site http://www.barrysheerman.org.uk

MSN start a campaign with email addresses so that we can all contact the ill informed like this guy.

So MSN give us the details and we can do the rest.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Oh really?..

.. Someone needs to tell this idiot that the real world is a risky place, full stop.

My stock reply to twats who say this sort of thing to your face is: Well I hope I die soon so I don't have to listen to more crap and disinformation from patronising / do-gooder bigots like you.

This moron is another reason why no self respecting biker should ever vote for Labour, the party of lies. lies and more lies.

Reply to this Topic
beefcakeg33

May 09

beefcakeg33 says:

Statistics

If you want to ban everything in the country that causes death then everyone would probably kill themselves from boredom. The whole ethos around motorcycling is the fact it is a release from the mundaneness of life and society.

Look at the amount of people who die each year from: heart disease and lung cancer for example (and how much it costs the taxpayer). They are staggering figures to say the least yet: fast food, alcohol and smoking aren't illegal.

I think his naivete on motorcycling should warrant for his resignation as well (expenses scandal aside).

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices