Skip to content

Discuss This Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes

A Labour MP has urged people to tell their male loved-ones not to ride motorcycles.Huddersfield MP Barry Sheerman called motorcyclists “widow makers and orphan makers” who were “disgraceful in a civilised society”.   He said: “If you have a husband, boyfriend or son who wants to get a motorbike, please try and persuade them to get something with four wheels instead.” Join...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 March 2010 16:19)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
freddy1956

Nov 09

freddy1956 says:

Barry Sheerman

Why  is it we have to listento these so called rule makers,they lie to the public, they steal taxpayers money(which they should be made to pay every penny back and to be given to injured troops and there families)and hes got the balls to say that we are un civilised, They are the goverment that took us to war they are the ones that got this country in the shit state that its in so what he wants to do is live in the real world of life,where crosing the road or going to the shops could get you killed

Reply to this Topic
horny955

May 07

horny955 says:

typical

Bombarde this idiot with emails,keep them to the point dont give him any more ammo to slag us off.

Mine has gone.

Reply to this Topic
factoryboy

Mar 10

factoryboy says:

Idiot

his advice should be tell loved ones not to become labour mp,s as they will end up being the most hated people in the land !

Reply to this Topic
Burndownthediscos

Nov 09

Sent a lovely email to this wonderfully in touch gentleman

"Dear Mr Sheerman, Thankyou for your enlightening words on motorcycling in a civilised society.  I would like to point out that your figures involving motorcycle deaths are incorrect. I am concerned that your embellishment of numbers may have extended to your expenses claims, therefore I will be requesting your expenses claims for the last year under the freedom of information act, in order to double check them for you. It is not motorcycling, but the behaviour of you and your elected colleagues that have no place in our civilised society. Perhaps concern yourself with this country's roads ( that me and my motorcycling colleagues make contributions towards) being maintained to such a disgusting standard. You may want to look into how many Ill maintained roads have caused death and injury in this year alone, to not only motorcyclists but road users of all kinds.  Perhaps presenting some of your creative stats in parliament may mean that local councils get their fingers out and start repairing the horrific state that our roads have descended into. Keep up the apalling work and best of luck this May 6th. Regards"

Reply to this Topic
ClaretEverywhere

Oct 08

Civilised society?

Sounds like going to war is much safer than biking. Maybe this means that going to war is ok in our 'civilised society'. But riding a motorbike is disgraceful, apparently.

I really do believe that, to be a politician, you have to lack any form of internal BS filter.

Reply to this Topic
suzukichick

Mar 10

suzukichick says:

gender discrimination

im a FEMALE RIDER and i find your comments very gender discriminating .... i also have children and would nt put them off riding a bike if thats what they choose to do.... 9 times outta 10 you ll find a lots of bike accidents are coursed by careless drivers... so instead of just picking fault with us bikers and making it harders for bikers to pass a test ...you also need to concentrate on the teenage boy racers out there and get off our backs for a change

Reply to this Topic
Twins2fours

Mar 10

Twins2fours says:

I

mean its not like we're leaving it here Barry. Leave motorcyclists alone, OK?

Voted very strongly for the Iraq war.
Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war.
Moderately against a transparent Parliament.
Voted strongly for allowing ministers to intervene in inquests.
Voted strongly for introducing ID cards.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kisersozaye

Jul 08

kisersozaye says:

labour mp tell loved ones not to ride your bike!

my response that i will be incorriging everyone is tell labour mps to fuck off,ive had enough of this government dictating to us what we should and shouldnt be doing,as human beings being part of the civilised comunity means not killing and living free within reasonable laws,one thing is clear if none of us did what we wanted like riding motorbikes or smoking or drinking and all off us lived for a longtime,then the planet will end up fucked with no resources so were is the civilised  living in that,when i reach 75 i will probably be riding a motorcycle wether it be in this country or the next,who knows i might die before then,maybe by riding a motorbike or cross the fucking road on foot,but at least its by my free will not governed by any fucking mp!!!!!,so tell fucking labour mps to fuck off!

Reply to this Topic
stevekwak

Feb 10

stevekwak says:

shut it

this MP is an arse!

don't ride bikes he says, say it how it is instead of the bullshit.. what you want is for us to drive shitty four wheels so we pay for parking spaces and so you can tax the british public more and get more money for your government who has wasted billions of £s. This MP is a complete knobhead and if any motorcyclist see's him on the street give the bloke a right ear bashing

Reply to this Topic
red123

Mar 04

red123 says:

Thats Rich

I agree with kiser0zave these untrustworthy MP s seem to take the easy option and eat away at ur freedom by creating laws to squeeze ever more money from us by fineing the hell out of us . Anyone who votes these hipercrits back in power lab/con deserve what they get . A POLICE STATE DICTATING TO US WHAT WE CAN AND CANT DO . REMEMBER THESE SLEAZY BARTARDS STOLE FROM US AND THINK BY GIVING IT BACK MAKES OK . IF WE DID THAT WE WOULD BE IN JAIL .

LAW FOR THEM LAW FOR US .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices