Skip to content

Discuss This Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Labour MP: Tell loved-ones not to ride motorbikes

A Labour MP has urged people to tell their male loved-ones not to ride motorcycles.Huddersfield MP Barry Sheerman called motorcyclists “widow makers and orphan makers” who were “disgraceful in a civilised society”.   He said: “If you have a husband, boyfriend or son who wants to get a motorbike, please try and persuade them to get something with four wheels instead.” Join...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (26 March 2010 16:19)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kawathrasher

Feb 10

kawathrasher says:

Just

Goes to show that this wank stain and the rest of his money robbin expenses fiddling out of date knob jockeys are as bad as each other

Sod the lot of em

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reply to this Topic
Eldar

Aug 02

Eldar says:

email barry sheerman

i've just emailed mr. sheerman at www.barrysheerman.org.uk/  i gave my opinion without being abusive and am waiting for his reply ,you should all do the same

Reply to this Topic
dskyrme

Aug 05

dskyrme says:

sheerman

WHAT A COCKRIDER!!!

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Cause and effect

I'm having a bit of a rant tonight, which isn't like me, but I'm absolutely sick and tired of politicians interfering with the rights of individuals to make a choice,  yet we have to put up with their decisions based on information supplied by so called advisors or the Office of National Statistics. So whose running the country. Politicians or advisors? Here's a good example of the madness that is taking control.

Fact : If I put a lump of raised tarmac in the road, I would be charged with intent to cause bodily harm to a road user . If the council do it, it's done to improve road safety.

Fact : Police advice suggest we wear hi-viz jackets to be more conspicuous to car drivers. A few years back, lights were designed to be constantly on by manufacturers  under various Govt safety guidelines to improve safety and so we would be more visibile to car drivers,so that clearly didn't work.

Fact : Stick a camera up to catch speeding road users and the number of accidents will decrease. Yep, and if you keep changing the speed limits, you can catch even more speeding road users. Oops, I mean reduce accidents even more.

Fact : I'll pay my road fund licence each year to help maintain the roads, or at least, that's what I thought. Clearly my money is going somewhere else. Isn't that an issue for the trade descriptions people? Can't the Govt be charged under the sale of Goods Act. You pay for something and you are entitled to something in return.

Fact : I'll get a job and pay taxes, get a mortgage and I'll even take out a pension plan. Then I find out that all my investments are worth f**k all and the taxes I have paid have been used by expense fiddling politicians to feather their own nests and to their own personal profit.

What goes around.....There's an election coming up soon and I reckon it'll be the lowest turnout of voters in history.  I really hope there's a hung Parliament because I'll be there with the  rope to hang these f****g useless, cheating bastards.

Rant over....

Reply to this Topic
MrButterscotch

Jul 09

Car expenses

"The senior backbencher, who claimed £8,613 expenses from the taxpayer for car use in a year" - what's all that about?  Maybe we should petition that he uses a bike in future, it'd save a fortune...

Also, is he going to look at how many accidents include cars and other four wheeled vehicles?  Can we get this guy banned from office please?

Reply to this Topic
PianomanNick

Mar 10

PianomanNick says:

Yet another member of the Government lowlife sponging bastard scum and shit on my shoes that do nothing for this country or economy, go drive your 5 litre gas guzzling merc around your 18 hole golf course prick, maybe one day we will have a Government that is younger and with the fuckin times......yea right my arse.

Reply to this Topic
eeycrdac

Mar 10

eeycrdac says:

Tell loved-ones not to vote Labour

Tell loved-ones not to vote Labour because they have astonishingly poor judgement.
I truly hope that this statement is not representative of the way MP's do their job.
For once I am glad there is a civil service to act as buffer between these clowns and reality.

Reply to this Topic
Brenintot

Mar 10

Brenintot says:

'Around 650 people on motorbikes die each year'

He states  'Around 650 people on motorbikes die each year' is this figure correct?

Reply to this Topic
sheepshank

Jun 09

sheepshank says:

Be nice...

We should be nice to this poor MP.

It must be hard not to know what a complete COCK you are!!! Ahhh, bless him.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

How many tens of thousands of men from the same age group die each year directly or indirectly due to alcohol abuse ?

How many thousands of men from the same group die each year from illegal drug abuse ?

Tens of  thousands of people die every year because of the rank failure of his goverment to deal with alcohol abuse and drug abuse !

How many tens of theousands die each year due to hospital infections or neglect ?

How many illegal immigrants die each year used and abused by organised crime in the UK?

How many British children and child victims of trafficking die here each year due to neglect and abuse?

How many innocent civilians die each year in the two countries we invaded on an American whim ?

Him and the rest of the toerags in government are the cause !!

These prejudiced MPs and bike haters should SHUT UP and deal with the real issues killing  people.

JUST SHUT UP ! ! ! ! !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices