Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Portimao: Race 2 results - Biaggi wins again World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Portimao: Race 2 results - Biaggi wins again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

WSB Portimao: Race 2 results - Biaggi wins again

Max Biaggi maintained his momentum and gained a second victory in Portimao. Leon Haslam took second with Cal Crutchlow landing a comfortable third. 1 Biaggi M. (ITA) Aprilia RSV4 1000 F. 38'06.128 (159,084 kph) 2 Haslam L. (GBR) Suzuki GSX-R1000 0.191 3 Crutchlow C. (GBR) Yamaha YZF R1 0.658 4 Checa C. (ESP) Ducati 1098R 1.015 5 Camier L. (GBR) Aprilia...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 March 2010 17:28)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sparky16

Sep 07

sparky16 says:

Good To See...

5 Brits in the top 7...if it keeps goin like this we could well see an all brit podium before too long!!

Reply to this Topic
ninjachris79

Oct 09

ninjachris79 says:

Great!!!!!!

Great second race - That Aprilla is bloody quick in a straight line!!!!

Well done to the Brit lads - Leon was fantastic and i think is favourite for the title as he is so smooth over the long season.

JR was unlucky his engine gave out on him in the second race - not long before he is on the top step of the podium.

Good to see JT getting back up to race pace - his confidence will be up after 2nd race - Bet he cant wait for Valencia.

Cal was a touch reckless in the first race as he was pushing so hard - same old Cal but he made up for it in 2nd race.

2 SUPERB rides from Leon Camier - He is certainly getting to grips with his bike - great teacher in Max Biaggi it has to be said!!!

Shakey is not far off and that Althea Duke looks a stronger bike than the Xerox ones - i wonder how long Ducati will let that continue ha ha!!!!

Tom Sykes rode well on the package he has - He will pick up points this season!!!!

WSB never fails to deliver - Cant wait for Valencia.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Good to see

Max take the double at the ripe old age of 38 against all the talented young Brits!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Western empire reclaimed

Great to see the Roman do the double. Today proved that Leon Haslam is not going away - man he's looked good this season, not a wheel out of place in four races to date. The other Leon is looking the business too, putting paid to the myth he's too big for the Aprilia. I'm a little surprised there was not more passing happening on what is a very wide track. Of course the quicker the pace the narrower the racing line becomes and those guys were running consistent mid '43's. Today did nothing to disprove our belief this season will be a cracker with many in the mix. Keep it coming fella's.

Reply to this Topic
vconor

Mar 10

vconor says:

JT

as below said, glad to JT get back to race pace, and hope his hand gets better too. hipe we'll see more outta him!

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

TOP THAT

MOTO GP, So many great riders, manufacturers and such close racing. Bloody Marvelous and I cannot add any more to the previous comments it will be a cracking season A? Cannot wait till the next one!! Marvelous

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

TOP THAT

MOTO GP, So many great riders, manufacturers and such close racing. Bloody Marvelous and I cannot add any more to the previous comments it will be a cracking season A? Cannot wait till the next one!! Marvelous

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Biaggi?

Can Max Biaggi get his last championship before his time is done?  I somehow doubt it, I think he will crack under pressure as he usually does.  What happened to the factory Ducati team???  Is this what happens when the former team boss goes to BMW for weinerschnitzel instead of pasta?

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Superb racing

Once the 2nd race had settled down it was Aprilia from Suzuki from Honda from Yamaha from Ducati from BMW...

Great advert to all  manufacturers for WSB racing!

Superb charge from LC in both races to two fifths - the guy looked like a frog on that tiny Aprilia though! Reminded me of Colin Edwards - all knees and elbows  ;¬)

Was torn between wanting LH to win for Britain but also having a soft-spot for the Aprilia... guess that makes me a Camier fan!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

agree about the crowds

nobody was there...all the stands were empty.......portugaal and spain are poor countries anyway  but with the euro and nobody going on holiday because a cup of coffee costs £5 they are even more worse off .......the only reason biaggi won those races was his far superior top speed on the home straight,he never looked like passing leon on any other part of the track

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices