Skip to content

Ask an Expert Classic bike breakdown cover Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Classic bike breakdown cover

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply



Oct 09

Posts: 7

kellyt says:

Classic bike breakdown cover

I am going to France in May and need breakdown cover for my 1960 Triumph 3TA, most companies won't touch bikes that are over 15 years old and the ones that do charge you a fortune, the AA wants £65 for a weeks cover and the RAC is about the same, does anyone know of anywhere cheaper?


Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 March 2010 21:29)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



Apr 10

Posts: 2

blueinsure says:

Breakdown Cover

I wonder if you get anything damn cheaper than others, I did extensive research for my car breakdown policy to get the best deal finally bought my breakdown cover from, all have almost same prices.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic


Apr 05

Posts: 16

Classic bike insurance

Try Footman James, I have a classic bike, that I have recently restored in my house, and was kept in my house, I tried carol nash they would not insure it as it was kept in my house. they were not very accomodating. Spoke to Footman James and they were great, and not expensive, I have an agreed value at a good rate. Give them a ring.:smile

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices