Skip to content

General Global Warming, my arse ! Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Global Warming, my arse !

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

dohc

May 09

dohc says:

Global Warming, my arse !

Funny how we have snow in some parts of the country as we approch the month of April, yet we never get a heat wave in November, December, January or February (to mention a few). Are we are all being taken for idiots when it comes to taxation on this subject ?

I will probably need some help from the reasonable forum members here to help fend off the weard beard, tree hugging suckers.  :lol: 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (30 March 2010 23:20)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

slower

I do work with two doctors and my brother and sister in law have PhD's and work at University of Colorado..each of us a voice and an opinion, although why its on a bike forum I have no idea..we are the solution, one vehicle, on person..not one friggin huge car with ONE person in it stuck in traffic..I suggest you do a bit of research on China and their steel industry/mining...global warming? rubbish, the UK is well below their average..whilst I do think we can do our bit, recycle, lower mileage in cars. car sharing etc..what I dont want to see is another bullet for the EU to use against us in the UK..How much do we pay the EU for membership?....lot of bikes on the road for that I can tell ya, do some research, after all, cant defend a viva without it can you...bye..

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

i think some ppl here have got the wrong end of the stick & i quote slow learner not slower

If you do indeed work in a science department, why don't you side with the peer reviewed consensus that climate change is occurring, and that humans are responsible for it?

well i for one agree with slower/gizza , & so do most here that it is NOT humans that are responsible for it , yes we may well contribute to it , & yes i agree its happening , but we contribute such a small fraction of it compared to mother nature herself & mother nature WILL correct it herself as per ( hopefully )

sorry lads not having a go at anyone but imo i think your getting blinded by your dislike of gizza/ slower so you are naturally having a go at him but if you re-read the thread you'll find that its slow learner who CLAIMS that it is MAN MADE not slower & i agree with slower on this one !!

p.s ratty , hope to be going to oulton in may , you off ?? could meet for a brew & a yack ??

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

ratty

havnt got our new call out rota yet so not 100% ,

if not on call me the mrs & jr 100% there , jr will be 2 yr old on the 5th , so hoping to stop somewhere near sat / sun night , got the place in mind & ready to book will pm ya them details though .. weasel & co :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

!

Blimey! I find myself in agreement with Weasel. Well said.

But I'm confused. Is it Slower who is really Gizza. Or is SlowLearner? Or both?
:huh:
This is all too weird. I'm out.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

dont quite know what you mean by that paul49 ???

but i aint " supporting " anyone , i happen to AGREE with his stand on the subject ( BECAUSE ) it's the same as MINE ...

please dont try to read anything else into it cos there isnt anything else in it ... weasel64

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

purely  because it came straight after my reply , when i agreed with what he said , no other reason at all :shock:

p.s .. just my fuggin luck , glorious sunshine today & predicted for the weekend anorl ... me im on fuggin call as tommorrow & it was a busy call last week according to the gaffer   , damn sh@t & fugg it !!!!!!!!!!

so im for a swift half or ten in a bit ... ahhhhh beer so much more than a breakfast food ???:lol::lol::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

le - hic

im back now ( cos gotta drive , in da morn )

only do tea time supping ( out the house ) , cos bairns a yung en !! as ya do ,, having a tinny or 2 now ( nowt else ) as per pm to you ratty .. soooooo how is the polar ice cap doing at the mo ????

slow learner .... from what i believe its BIGGER  than usual for this time of year ??? ( re: global warming ) , YOUR on yer todd m8 , but hey spout YOUR " facts " at me i love a left wing tree hugging retarded bearded scare monger , almost as i love , farting in a vacuum ( damn there goes me kink on tinternet ) but hey .. gordo the 1 eyed ---un-elected- idoit says so , so its gotta be TRUE  ... wake the fugg up & smell the coffee ( you might find this hard to believe BUT  i aint got nowt against ya personally ) were all entitled to our own opinions , cept yours are crap ... IMHO :ph43r::ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

apparently

the chairman has spoken ?????????

so what your saying paul49 is that slow learner " won " the debate ????

really ??? , dont think so , imo , but in your's he has , so you DO believe that global warming / cooling / climate change IS man made , well if thats your stamp on it , your entitled to believe it , but me & most other ppl DONT believe its man made , re-read the thread & you will find some say we contribute a bit granted , but only slow & yourself seem to agree its totally man made , :wink:

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

CO2

Makes up 0.03% of our atmosphere. It is not warming the planet. If the planet is warming up (and it may well be) it's not down to CO2. Even if it was, if we (UK) stopped producing (releasing) any at all, it would make no difference in world terms. I'm all for saving recourses, but the trouble with this CO2 business, is it takes the eye off the ball in terms of dealing with the problem. Perhaps we should be planning for the inevitable.

What this CO2 bollocks does do, is give an excuse for more tax, and more government expansion to administer the problem.

As for why we give so much in foreign aid, it's like this.

Banks lend money to foreign countries (and more recently to domestic individuals) than they could possibly pay back.

These countries could simply default - as in "bollocks to you we're not paying."

And that's what they'd do if they didn't get foreign aid.

So. The banks bribe the politicians, both with party donations and nice jobs when they leave office ( see traitor Blair and his $5Million adviser role as JP Morgan adviser) (Though that was more a thank you for his Iraq support, whatch where Gordon ends up).

The politico's give our money to 3rd world countries.

The 3rd world countries dictators use the money to strengthen their military, have a comfortable lifestyle, AND MAKE THEIR INTEREST PAYMENTS TO THE BANKS.

That's why we pay so much for fuck all, whilst we're up to are arse in debt

Reply to this Topic
vitesse7749

Nov 08

vitesse7749 says:

Globular warming

The main reason  G.W. exists is that the government doesn't have enough of our money........yet.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices