Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki limited editions: Kawasaki ZX-6R Performance Edition New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Kawasaki limited editions: Kawasaki ZX-6R Performance Edition

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Kawasaki limited editions: Kawasaki ZX-6R Performance Edition

Kawasaki has brought out five new special editions; a ZX-10R, a ZX-6R, ZZR1400, Z750 and a VN900 Classic cruiser which will be available in May. All of the bikes have been specified with a host of extras which are then bundled together and the total amount has been discounted over what they would cost separately. All of the extras are official Kawasaki...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 April 2010 11:46)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

Er...

I always get a little confused when MCN do these stories.

'all told it totals £1000 if bought seperately'...

Is that the 'deal clincher'? Manufacturer will pick these components up for peanuts in the pound and fit them INSTEAD of their standard parts. If I was to buy the bike then I'd need to buy the original components PLUS the aftermarket ones (ensuring that everyone gets a nice profit along the way). Buying a bike with these components already fitted instead of the standard factory ones should result in a very marginal price increase over standard.

To be honest... The 'extras' really aren't that impressive and sure wouldn't make me go out buy one of these...

£850 quid is a grossly excessive increase in price for a couple of fancy add-ons and 3 bhp increase which a cable (£10) and some sofware (£10) along with a couple of minutes on a forum getting up to speed on the tweaks would happily achieve. Either that or simply removing the completely unnecessary catalytic converter and gaining a few ponies.

Buy a £100 custom can. £40 double bubble screen. £50 seat cowl. £10 tank pad..

SO... £850 for two hundred quids worth of goodies at RETAIL price and you have the original components AND the aftermarket ones... Throw in a £5 'Akrapovic' sticker and you're off!

Oh, but it's a 'special edition'... Makes no difference when it's wrapped round a car due a pothole on the third world road network Britain now has..............

0% finance sounds good but then the base rate is only 0.5% and I am sure that the £450 loss in interest is hidden in the overall price........

We're in a recession guys. Mass unemployment. A lot of people with really screwed up lives and the motorcycle industry (not alone mind you) seems to be carrying on as if it is 'business as usual' with the same old cons to take advantage of the easily led.

More money than sense??? You'd need to have to take up this 'offer'.

Reply to this Topic
Hondasixrr

Dec 05

Hondasixrr says:

Price

How much for the standard bike? Bloody hell. My 03 CBR600RR was only £7,100 when I bought it new in 2003.

I fitted an Akrapovic exhaust £300 & gilles rear sets £280 & screen £30 & it didn't cost a grand extra.

Has inflation gone up that much?

Sold that bike last year. I have an 08 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer with an Akrapovic exhaust now only £400.

Who are Kawasaki tryin to fool???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices