Skip to content

Ask an Expert Supercorsa, road legal? Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Supercorsa, road legal?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

k4owner

Apr 10

k4owner says:

Supercorsa, road legal?

As per the topic really, before i buy a set i'd like to know if they're road legal.

Thanks.

K4.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 April 2010 12:10)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

supercorsa

I think so, although they'd be useless on the road.

Reply to this Topic
triumphrider600

Feb 09

I would think

it is as it has a tread pattern, but agree with eatcs01. I would be amazed if you could get enough heat into the tyre in road use.
The Pirelli Supercorsa Pro (Race) is the tyre that was developed along with the One make tyre series - the 2004 World Superbikes. With that said this tyre is designed purely for racing use. This tyre supercedes the Supercorsa as we know it but wiith additional grip. The Supercorsa has a slick band around the outer edges of the tyre offering maximum grip at maximum lean angles. It is a thoroghbred tyre developed in the and for most demanding of environments. That is a TRACK.

Better off buying a good compromise like the Bridgestone BT016 (multi compound) or Pirelli Corsa 3's (multi compound) which are designed for Hyper/super sports bikes for the road and more than capable of doing track days even in the quickest groups.

Good luck,

Tom

Reply to this Topic
k4owner

Apr 10

k4owner says:

choices

Cheers Tom,

The 016 or diablo corsa was next on the list, the corsas i've had before and i thought the performance was outstanding, but some friends really rate the 016......toss a coin time i think!

Cheers,

K4.

Reply to this Topic
triumphrider600

Feb 09

I've used

the BT016's and in 25 years of 600+ riding have never had a better tyre. I changed bikes recently and can't wait for the Corsa's on it to wear out so I can put it on 16's.

Tom

Reply to this Topic
Reaper666

May 09

Reaper666 says:

is it the BSB diablo?

I have just got my 2nd set of the Pirelli Diablo BSBs. Are these the tyres you are taling about? I find them great. I ride an 09 R!, on the road only. I was a bit dubious about their wet weather grip due to tread pattern, but they arn't too bad, until they lose all of their heat. On dry roads they are very stable, even when cold, and have enough grip for me. Only downside is 1600 miles from a set, and that was trying to go easy powereing on too much on straights.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices