Skip to content

Discuss This Video: WSB Ten Kate Fireblade on the road! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: WSB Ten Kate Fireblade on the road!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: WSB Ten Kate Fireblade on the road!

The new edition of MCN Sport magazine is out now, featuring a world-exclusive real roads test of the awesome 220bhp Hannspree Ten Kate Honda Fireblade. But you can get a flavour of this they-said-it-wouldn’t-happen ride here right now.      Win a 42-inch TV with Hannspree & MCN Sport magazine MCN Sport is available in all good newsagents now, or online here. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1119137831http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (07 April 2010 08:46)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

a funny story

Went to my 'local' rural newsagent last Friday to try and get the mag (excellent by the way). Couldn't see it on the shelf so asked at 'checkout' explaining that it ws a 'one-off' etc. After much searching she found a copy which was in  amongst the pile of mags to be returned to the warehouse. "Why" I asked? "Because we don't usually stock it" she replies. "But its a 'one-off' I reminde her. "Thats right, we don't usually stock it so we are sending it back" !!!

Well worth getting, but you might struggle in some places!!

Reply to this Topic
stevyamy

Jul 08

stevyamy says:

Honestly who in their right mind thought this was a good idea?

I feel sory for the local dutch guys that own hanspree CBR600 reps, they're going to get nicked by the cops all the time now.

Was Ronald happy putting his neck/reputation on the line when you got pulled?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

pointless

did he manage to get it out of first gear?  a pretty meaningless exercise when we can all see what the bike is really capable of most weekends during the dry and sunny months ... bearing in mind that this bike has precious little in common with the Blade on sale at a Honda dealer.

Reply to this Topic
johnjohnson

Dec 07

johnjohnson says:

@ CosherB - Your point is pointless.

LOL @ stevyamy.  What if?!?!?!?  What if?!?!?!? What if?!?!?!?  Oh Noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a Nancy.

Reply to this Topic
madproffesor

May 04

madproffesor says:

bad idea

It amazes me that someone thought that taking a bike built for the track, without registration, making excessive noise some form of tax and obviously therefore no insurance on the public highway. Anyone heard any good press for bikers lately! You run an article about some nutter who says bikes are widow makers and anti-social, you have just proved him right on the anti-social front.

Reply to this Topic
Essex_Mike

Jul 07

Essex_Mike says:

Nice

Load of cr*p posted by people as per usual. Oh wait that's irrelevant ..

Must have been a fun experience getting to ride that. Don't think the reporter could have hid his excitement any less.

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

Nice one Mike, tell them!

Why not have someone normal to say what its like, you lot are just jealous of the man..  The problem with bikers now is they have no fugging balls! Just a load of tosh to moan about...too many hero's dressed as racers looking cool on a Sunday, hey girls...lol

Reply to this Topic
Essex_Mike

Jul 07

Essex_Mike says:

I don't usually post on here I just read and laugh, just seems to me that if any other bike publication does such a thing many deem it cool...MCN publishes it on their website and people rip into them. Use common sence they would have looked into possible things that could go wrong, its known as project management.

Its funny how many different looks people have on such a video, I looked at it and was in awe of the guy getting to ride that, bet I couldnt get it out of first gear!  Whereas another person uses it as ammunition as it casts a dark shadow over biking...I doubt it, the people pulled every week do more damage than this style of article.

But sall good, I'm still gona go out tomorrow and enjoy my weekly run :D

Reply to this Topic
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

Dammed if you do...

I think MCN get a bit of a hard time no and again, if the passed up the chance they would have been called boring and dull, but now they do, they're slated for being anti social!!

I for one think this video is irresponsible and mad, but I'm only saying that as I'm so jealous!!

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

What was anti-social about it?? he rode through the built up areas at the speed limit? buses and trucks no doubt just as loud in the given situation, once "OUT ON THE OPEN ROAD" away from built up areas, he gave it a bit of a squirt, major crime that and Sooooooooooo anti social hey, i agree with the other guy on here, MCN are damned if they do, damned if they dont, some of the monthly mags have either knee down or back whell action on every cover!!

What you fail to think about is the amount of uninsured, un taxed and non qualified car drivers are on our roads!!  i think we need to sort that out before we start picking on professional riders doing an article...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices