Skip to content

Ask an Expert Dont use Hastings Direct! Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Dont use Hastings Direct!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

Dont use Hastings Direct!

I recently went over to Hastings after using a price comparison website. When my policy arrived they got the engine size wrong so I thought they should know and let them know. They then wanted to charge me an admin fee for their mistake. When I refused to pay the policy was cancelled and they charged me an admin fee for this. Daylight robbery. I tried to complain by letter and got no response, phoned and was told twice I would get a call back from complaints department (still waiting) and emailed them which I know was read but no response.

If customer service is features anywhere on your list then avoid at all costs, they are terrible and to be honest one of the worst companies I’ve ever had the miss fortune to deal with. Back to my old company. You have been warned

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 April 2010 08:37)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Fkkin twisters

will avoid mate,thievin gits :blink:

Reply to this Topic
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

Oh yeah

And they still have not given my money back, which will take another week apparently, meaning I cant ride as I have to wait for that money to pay for my new insurance. All I wanna do is ride :mad:

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

I must admit

I read the small print of there ad a while back, and they didn't cover you for Isle of Man or Northern Ireland!:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
mrh3369

Jun 06

mrh3369 says:

I used hastings for 5 years and found them to be fine in all that time I never ever had anything but fantastic service. On those price comparison websites dont you enter the engine size yourself?

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

I sympathise mate

they're quick enuff in taking ya money but soon go into slo mo when it comes to givin it back :mad: this weekend meant to be a belter too.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

ins

Strange,when i tell any ins com my reg no`s they tell me the engine size.I would be asking for compensation coyote. 

Reply to this Topic
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

engine size

as i have a 2002 ninja they always asume its a 636, not a 599. After my complaint im now getting my money back in another 5 days, compensation is pie in the sky from these guys. no such luck.

Glad it wasnt just me being grumpy and people agreed.

Reply to this Topic
mikesv

Apr 10

mikesv says:

hastings insurance

have tried to contact hastings about my automatic renewal for last 3days,as want to cancel coz gone mega expensive why? no idea,cannot get any contact,r they still out there?anybody any suggestions or similar probs,
ANY HELP APPRECIATED,as don,t wanna pay twice. Cheers.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
triumphrider600

Feb 09

mikesv

if you cannot get hold of them within the cool off period, then get hold of your bank/card issuer on which they will draw funds and cancel the direct debit/payment before it goes. At least you will not get charged, also send a cancellation letter by registered signed for 1st class post, it will get there the next day. You will be able to request from the post office the name of the person who signed for it if they dispute the renewal.

Tom

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cowpster

Oct 11

cowpster says:

Its 2011 and Hastings still SUCK!

Coyote88, you will be "glad" to know that Hastingsdirect are STILL the worst insurance company from your original post 2 years ago (and they are certainly CHEAP!)

STILL up to the same old tricks with the "admin" fees and cancellation charges.  Even getting policy documents wrong! 

PLEASE PLEASE avoid

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices