Skip to content

Discuss This Driver who blocked overtaking biker jailed General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Driver who blocked overtaking biker jailed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Driver who blocked overtaking biker jailed

A father-of-two who moved his car to prevent a motorcyclist overtaking has been jailed for eight months for dangerous driving. Andrew Sherratt, 32, caused “life-changing injuries” to 49-year-old Andrew Morris by forcing him into the path of oncoming traffic. Paulinus Barnes, prosecuting, said: “Mr Morris went to overtake the defendant. “There was some traffic coming in the other direction but the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 April 2010 17:23)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scarthie

Feb 08

scarthie says:

bring back hanging

what cunt they should bring back hanging he could of killed the biker i hope the rider make speed recovery get well soon what cunt jail to easy i hope he learn his lession

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

At last

A judge with common sense and decency, it makes a bloody change. Hope the biker is awarded properly

Reply to this Topic
li4mc

Jun 09

li4mc says:

decrease the danger

like hell he was trying to "decrease the danger" he was just being a prick and trying to stop him overtaking!

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Good Judgement!!!

Good on the judge seeing it as it was, an attempt at causing serious injury or worse to another road user. As has been said, some motorists resent motorcyclists and their ability to pass or filter through traffic when they can't!! Thank god the rider wasn't killed and was able to present his case instead of being an accident statistic! Let's hope cases like this get as much publicity as possible and maybe , just maybe it may stop some other like minded individual trying the same stunt!! Reckon also, as was said earlier, that the driver should be subject to another test and psychological assessment before being allowed behind the wheel again. Also 8 months is a very short sentence considering that what he did was tantamount to attempted murder. Maybe others will get the message!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
PENWELL

Jul 08

PENWELL says:

selfishness!

As a cyclist aswell as a biker I am often cut up on the near side when riding along. If there happens to be a traffic light on red car drivers will sometime deliberately swing back in towards the kerbside to block my progress. They hate to see that I can get in front of them when they have to wait in a queue of traffic. At least justice was served on that prat of a driver. I do hope that the biker will soon recover well enough to get back on his machine and doesn't loose his nerve to ride again.

Reply to this Topic
bcroninuk

Mar 09

bcroninuk says:

Fantastic News

Good to hear that retarded car drivers are being punished.  Just one turn of the wheel in the stupidly wrong direction has resulted in that car driver being subjected to 8 months solid bum rape in the prison showers.

Reply to this Topic
finnbarr70

Nov 07

finnbarr70 says:

"trying to decrease the danger." .... my arse!

Hang the bastard, I'm sure most of us have come across dangerous ignorant pricks like this.

Reply to this Topic
whitepointer000

Apr 10

All Too Common on both sides...

Sadly when I was overtaking a tipper truck in an outside lane and his lane became a bus lane he simply swerved onto me my choice was go under the wheels or into central reservation & pedestrian island... as i managed to avoid his wheels however he lied and walked away scott free as no direct witnesses if he hadnt been flagged down would not have even stopped...

Reply to this Topic
Premises187

Jun 09

Premises187 says:

Premises187

"was trying to decrease the danger" So you swerve in-front of a motorcycle? Gosh your full of crap! Admit it you were road raged at someone overtaking your stupid f***ing cage. Rot in jail! I don't care how many kids you have, perhaps they will learn something from your stupidity.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Guy did that to me

in Gloucester, only it was when I was on a bicycle.  The car was pushing me and I was basically leaning on it as he tried to shove me onto oncoming traffic.

Caught him later in a partial jam, opened his door and demanded he fight about it.  He agreed to pull over, but the cowardly fuck drove off as the jam cleared.  Damn, I would have ripped his head off if I'd got hold of him.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices