Skip to content

Discuss This Avon tyres: What would you like to know? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Avon tyres: What would you like to know?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Avon tyres: What would you like to know?

Next week MCN is meeting with the guys at Avon tyres to discuss their new rubber for 2010. Save £££ on motorcycle tyres in the MCN Shop So, what would you like to know about Avon motorcycle tyres? If you have any questions for their technical bods, email them to liam.marsden@motorcyclenews.com or post your question as a comment on the bottom of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 April 2010 19:10)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Georg3

Mar 08

Georg3 says:

No questions, just I hope they keep making the Roadriders in all the awkward sizes they do at the moment. Good tyres for older bikes and they don't cost too much.

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Only One Question For Sports Touring Tyres

Most people ruin the rear first so lets say what we expect from rear tyres...........

Milage Per Bike.... Eg

125/250 .... Kawasaki 250R ... expect? 10,000

250-600 road bikes .... 8,500

supersports 600's .... 4,000?

600-750cc non-supersport .... 7,000

750-1000cc sports/hyper/touer .... 6,750

1000cc Superbike .... 4,000

1000-1400cc Road Bike .... 5,500

1100cc Hypersports .... 4,000

that realistic?

Make them cost NEW ... £199.99 for a pair

Thats your market

Reply to this Topic
deaks25

Apr 09

deaks25 says:

Agreed Georg3, the AM26 Roadrider is a fantastic tyre, lasts as well. So well priced too. I swear by that tyre. I'd be interested to know what, if any, changes have been made to the AM26 Roadrider and what price rises there have been.

Reply to this Topic
dohc

May 09

dohc says:

storms

I had front and rear Avon storms fitted to my 2008, 650 bandit last year. They give far better grip in my opinion, compared to the O.E Bridgestone`s  fitted previously, (the Avon`s are also brilliant in the wet).

I think I have a problem with the front tyre. As I reduce speed to a crawl I get a slight steering shake which doesn`t go away, until I speed up again. Close inspection of the front tyre reviels that the tyre tread pattern has worn unevenly (feathered) seemingly causing this effect. This tyre still has the majority of it`s tread and is no where near it`s replacement time as it has only covered around 3,000 miles.

Is it dangerous and likely to cause a tank slapper at higher speeds ? (it does feel a bit strange at higher speeds). I just don`t see why it should be like this with such little use !

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

dohc.

P.S

I have checked the obvious parts of the bike eg. Wheel true, steering bearings and wheel bearings and everything seems OK. The bike has only done 5,500 miles from new.

Reply to this Topic
hondonadas

Aug 02

hondonadas says:

What is their target?

Are they planning to go head to head with major brands like Pirelli/Metzeler, Michelin, Bridgestone & Dunlop like Continental is trying? Or will they remain a niche player?

Major brands are selling older patterns of hypersports & sport touring tyres very very cheap, just check prices for Pilot Power, Diablos & BT20s, and there are many cheap asian brands (main one Maxxiss) so it will be very difficult for them to remain in business...

Reply to this Topic
Icarus7

Jul 09

Icarus7 says:

Got to say im v impressed by Avons tyres! Ive run rennsports,michelin 2ct's and the viper sports have been right up there with them .. for a supposedly lesser tyre?? Just fit some distanzia sm's on my supermoto after running conti sport attacks.. same again v impressed!!

Reply to this Topic
mobil1yam

Aug 05

mobil1yam says:

I've been running Avons on my FZR1000 for the past 6 years. I've had Metzlers and Bridgestones on it but they don't have the same feed back like the Avons do. They give good wet weather grip and great dry. You know exactly what they're going to do before they do.

Reply to this Topic
TruBlu

Jan 10

TruBlu says:

avon

Hello, any chance of a free set? I live in Avon, that must mean something :)

Reply to this Topic
jimmuck

Nov 09

jimmuck says:

Avon

My wife's an avon lady surely I should get a free set as well

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN