Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Casey Stoner claims first pole of 2010 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Casey Stoner claims first pole of 2010

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Casey Stoner claims first pole of 2010

Casey Stoner stormed to the first pole position of 2010 in Qatar tonight and will start the opening race as a red-hot favourite for his 21st MotoGP victory. Fastest in free practice yesterday and earlier tonight, the 24-year-old continued his love affair with the Losail International Circuit to claim his third pole position in the last four races. A best lap of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 April 2010 22:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bigshow6969

Aug 08

bigshow6969 says:

BBC Coverage?

Why oh why do the BBC even bother. If this was F1, we would have to endure a 2hour build-up before qualifying even starts. To put it on the red button for SKY viewers - talk about reaching the wider audience and making moto gp accessible to everyone.

Wish I was loaded and had eurosport!

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Domination

Nice to see DePuniet up there tho....

Ive had a lil bit of faith in him for a while and he never seems to disapoint in a fight

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Mr Birt, Mr Birt tsk, tsk!

Mathew, where do you deduce that Stoner has a love affair with this track?  I you read  or watched anything other than your own drivel, you would learn otherwise.

I also love how you have to hang on to the warm up lap crash to negate and nullify the fact that Stoner is embarrassing the whole field, on a new bike, on race tyres, in a new season!  It's old news, but then you aren't reknowned for up to the minute, cutting edge stories are you?

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

bbc

gonna wait an hour for it to be on eurosport obviously it wont be live but least get good commentry.far as im aware its on bbc3 dont quote me on that need to double check the f1 last week was on bbc1 then half way threw it changed to bbc2 its a joke.this red button carry on is crazy how can it be recorded if your out of the house.

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

Crap BBC !!

Sick of the BBC!! WE don't warrant a mention on breakfast sport,even tai-chi is more important?, no coverage of 125sor 250s anywhere, sod all on main bbc channels, and when I tuned into the (pathetic) bbci freeview at 22.00 all i saw was a randy old millionaire fart knocking a ball down a hole! even tho golf was on bbc 2 at the same time??? Now the Beeb SAY that they are showing the race on bbc3 live but don't hold your breath, there might be some urgent tiddlywinks game need covering. Seems now they've got F1 back (Yawn) we are an embarrassment to them.Oh, in case you hadn't noticed I'm sick of the bbc.

Reply to this Topic
bouncerbeater

Aug 02

Perhaps you guys ought to get your hands in your wallets and cough up to see decent coverage, depends how much you actually want to see it I suppose. MCRMIKE, I am not surprised you couldn't find any coverage of the 250's as that class is now defunct ! I must admit though the new MOTO 2 class looks like it is shaping up nicely with 41 bikes on the grid too should be fun to watch.

Reply to this Topic
mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

Bob Buttamasangy

Bob Stoner won the 250 race in Qatar in 2005, was on pole in 2006 in MotoGP and has won the race in 2007, '08 and '09 and is now on pole position in '10, so I think it's fair comment to say he likes the place. As for the reference to Valencia, that was a statement of fact and nothing else. I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of tonight's race and enjoy the season. Matt

Reply to this Topic
therightstuff

Feb 09

BBC

Red button 1750 for 125 & Moto 2; live on bbc3 2045.

I hate the way we can't make any comments on the BBC website so we can tell them how annoyed we are.  The F1 (yawn) switches from 1 to 2 halfway through and the motogp is not on one minute then on the next!  Pick a channel and put the sport on it all the way through, whether it is F1, Match of the day, moto gp or golf.

I promise, we can handle it if we have to watch the whole event on BBC2 and leave antiques roadshow or whatever on BBC1

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Stoner

Brilliant again Casey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's hope he can win again and make it 4 in a row!!!!!!!!!!! He's got the bike working well!! haha, and who can stop him???????? Should be a cracking race!! Great pole by Tony Elías also!! Injured and he still does it!! Someone should have given him a ride on a Moto gp bike.  Well, I guess if he wins the Moto2 championship he'll get it!! Don't like the one make engine rule but should be great racing and maybe they can change this??

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

Same old, same old start to the season...

I can't grumble that the season looks to start in the same way it has for the last few seasons. Rossi is probably in the best position he has ever been in here and closer to Stoner than previously. I'm thinking he may well end up second but as the last two seasons have proved Stoner and the Duke haven't got the strength to go a full season. Stoner starting on top and still not winning the Championship is common place now so Qatar becomes a bit of a 'Mickey Mouse' show for the TV rather than a serious round. Shame that Lorenzo and Pedrosa won't even figure because all that technology and all that testing and there will, hopefully after a trouble free start for everyone, be just TWO riders fighting. I dare say Rossi and Stoner will finish a good 10 seconds clear of the field if not more. It seems Stoner has a better attitude this season as he has had to learn to deal with defeat two seasons in a row now. We'll see what happens Sunday evening...hopefully it won't be f**king RAIN!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices