Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi wins, Casey Stoner crashes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi wins, Casey Stoner crashes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi wins, Casey Stoner crashes

Valentino Rossi won the first race of the season for the first time since 2005 tonight after a gripping opening to the new MotoGP campaign in Qatar. The reigning world champion triumphed by just over a second from Fiat Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo after red-hot pre-race favourite Casey Stoner crashed out of the lead on lap six at the fourth corner. Stoner...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (11 April 2010 22:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

"supporting" certain riders

Can't understand this football like supporting of certain riders to the exclusion of others. Rossi v Stoner, I hate Stoner, I love Rossi, give it a bloody rest. These people are not your friends, they do not represent your community or your country or your bike. They are doing what they do for themselves and for no one else. Rid yourself of this ridiculous rivalry that you have concocted with other race fans simply around a certain riders public persona and just enjoy the racing.

Stoner may not jump around when he wins, neither did Doohan, but making out Rossi to be an all round great bloke just because he does is plain wrong. Stoner made a mistake and crashed out riding a bike that only he seems to be able to win on, let's put the boot in, Haydon leaves it far too late to take on Dovi despite being up his chuff the whole race, let's heap praise upon him, it doesn't compute. Or maybe all you Rossi fans are closet homosexuals, takes one to love one maybe, who knows. I don't care, I just enjoy the racing.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Its racing, not a personality contest.

This vilification of stoner is getting a bit excessive at times. Simple fact is that generally he was the fastest around the track. He made an error and lost the front end (this is something even Rossi has been known to do in the past). Stoner put his hand up and admitted that the error made was his fault and was due to not understanding specific grip issues for his bike (intuitively easing off should normally result in more grip, not less).

One of the pramac bikes also lost the front end so I suspect there could be some minor tweaks required for better front end grip (the main ducati improvement over the winter was for more rear end grip and this may now be very slightly over compensated for)

Whether you like Stoner or not there's no denying that he is a title contender this year. Bike racing is about the fastest person around the track. If it was just about personalities why then aren't their tv/film/music celebrities circulating considerably slower than the rest of the field but waving to the crowd and stopping to sign autographs.

Reply to this Topic
wolfit

Oct 07

wolfit says:

err vmax

if you have ever been to an actual race and stood watching all the fans celebrate there hero get there triumphant well deserved trophy (who ever has won) then you would take back that statement of "they do it for them selves and no one else". with out having fans (HOMOSEXUAL OR NOT) who else is there to cheer them on? "i do it for the fans" is always heard in EVERY sport.

the thousands of spectators that cheered rossi,s win over biaggi and capirossi at Donington some years ago and the boo,s that biaggi got tells the same tale. And its the same in football, in fact every sport has its rivalry and if it didn't then there wouldn't be winners and losers or the fans to support them...

Reply to this Topic
bobthedray

May 08

bobthedray says:

Qatar

I agree entertaining racing indeed, I didnt see (like anybody else watching the BBC coverage) Stoners crash

but his entry into turn 4 looked much the same as the 5 laps previous, and his dismount came before the

exit (mechanical faliure perhaps). As for taking motogp from the BBC and giving it to the ITV anybody with

free view would never see a live race again judging by the way they treat the rights to WSB and BSB.

And whats wrong with Stavros any way, ex-international rider good sense of humour and command of

the English langauge, making up for Charlie Cox. Having said that I'm no fan of the BBC telling the nation

that they where going to show live qualifying and then sticking with the f**ck**g golf

Reply to this Topic
snjphotographer

Feb 09

spondonste

wow i err think you got your pointin there, i think your in for some backlash now,well said but  hold ya balls i think there gonna get kicked

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

I've just had an idea - "Dancing On V4s"

Brucie and Tess Daly present a show where 'personalities' like Kerry Katona, Jordon and that lot ride MotoGP races, getting points voted for by the public for each round. That way, if you don't like Casey Stoner, you vote him off and put, I dunno, that poofter off Corrie in in his place on the Ducati. Then everybody would be happy.

YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!! etc etc

That way, the BBC will give a toss about bikes, put them on BBC1 and all the keyboard warriors get a say in the championship result. Everyone's a winner.

Lines are open... who goes forward to this weeks elimination, will it be Ben Spies or Chrisopher Biggins? YOU DECIDE!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

I've just had an idea - "Dancing On V4s"

Brucie and Tess Daly present a show where 'personalities' like Kerry Katona, Jordon and that lot ride MotoGP races, getting points voted for by the public for each round. That way, if you don't like Casey Stoner, you vote him off and put, I dunno, that poofter off Corrie in in his place on the Ducati. Then everybody would be happy.

YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!! etc etc

That way, the BBC will give a toss about bikes, put them on BBC1 and all the keyboard warriors get a say in the championship result. Everyone's a winner.

Lines are open... who goes forward to this weeks elimination, will it be Ben Spies or Chrisopher Biggins? YOU DECIDE!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
warickunt

Apr 09

warickunt says:

Rossi Lovers

I think I've worked out what's going on with all the Rossi lover's who hate Stoner on this site.

THEY MUST BE THE GAY CONTINGENT.

Stands to reason, Rossi only ever turns up to the race meetings with his boyfriend who follows him around polishing his helmet for him etc. where Stoner brings his wife along , and it's only right that the pink fans follow rossi because of that. You can spot them at race meetings, they are the ones with the yellow feather boa's tied round their waists shouting coo-ee.

Maybe if Stoner left the missus at home and got hisself a boyfriend all the bitching might stop a little, on the other hand maybe he doesn't give a f$%& what all the nob jockey's who dream of being Rossi's rent boy think!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
mn228

Mar 08

mn228 says:

BBC girl

Jenny Gow was nervous but she'll slowly get into the mix soon enough.it's a high end part of the coverage and I wish her luck...

Stavros is always cool and knowledgable. Cox is ok-ish. It's just the Beeb doesn't give a sh*t about bikers tho'...poor coverage. exciting stuff ahead...

Reply to this Topic
mn228

Mar 08

mn228 says:

BBC girl

Jenny Gow was nervous but she'll slowly get into the mix soon enough.it's a high end part of the coverage and I wish her luck...

Stavros is always cool and knowledgable. Cox is ok-ish. It's just the Beeb doesn't give a sh*t about bikers tho'...poor coverage. exciting stuff ahead...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices