Skip to content

Riding & events Best bike for British roads Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Riding & events > Touring & travel > Best bike for British roads

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

tracktime1000

Oct 05

Best bike for British roads

My missus and I have never gone abroad as I'm unemployed and have been for 5 years, but we ride from Fleetwood to Cornwall for our weeks holiday once a year. The best touring bike in our opinion is the Honda XL1000. Out of all the bikes I've had, including a Kawasaki GTR1400 the Honda is the comfiest, will hustle through the lanes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (12 April 2010 11:43)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rookierugby

Feb 09

rookierugby says:

Best bike for Britian

I'snt it amazing, that some one who has been unemployed for five years. Has been able to have some very pricey bike's ? Please do tell me how you do it, because i've worked all my life. And have still only got a 8 year old bike! 

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

two words for you fazer mate

have to admit amazed you can get a gtr1400 and not work in 5 years your missus must have a damn fine job sorry mate but best bike I have had on british roads has to be the fazer 1000 or the old 600 done a lot or rideing on the old fazer 600 glasgow to swansea glasgow to london glasgow to john a groats ended up clocking up 17,000mls in one year with ease and I have had lots of bikes to compare it to from cruise bikes like the vn1500 to sports bikes like the thunderace ninja 900 to musle bikes like the zrx1100 hyper bikes like the blackbird, zzr1100 and a lot in-between and still say the fazers are the best hands down

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices