Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Casey Stoner rues ‘silly mistake’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Casey Stoner rues ‘silly mistake’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Casey Stoner rues ‘silly mistake’

Casey Stoner admitted his surprise blunder in a thrilling Qatar MotoGP race was a ‘silly mistake’ as the Aussie crashed out of the lead to hand Valentino Rossi a 104th career success. Stoner looked on course for a fourth successive victory at the Losail International Circuit in Doha when he lost the front of his factory Ducati GP10 on lap six. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (12 April 2010 13:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kawasakibiker

May 07

WOW he admitted the mistake was his...

I might be able to respect Stoner one day after all. Not today though. :) Nice one Nicki.

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Oh dear !!

Casey had that race signed , sealed and almost delivered , such a shame . It would have been nice to see Vale TRY !!  and chase him down . Consistency this year will be even more key to winning the title and any mistakes will cost the riders dearly !!! Giving Vale a 25 point start in the championship is a dangerous game to play.

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Forgot to mention

Go NiCKi , nice to see him back at the front where he belongs , very unlucky not to be on the podium.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

missed opportunity

Casey was easily the class of the field this weekend and he tossed it away. And to pour salt into his wound his 2 main rivals finished #1 and #2.

There won't be many weekends like this when he is clearly and easily the fastest. He let a good opportunity slip away.

Reply to this Topic
X1Glider

Jul 09

X1Glider says:

I agree Goat46

I also think with the current players, consistency is going to win the title.  Someone will win like Nicky did.  Win a few races but finish well in the rest...come out on top in points.

Feel bad for Nicky...I know he was tasting that podium spot.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Mixed messages Mr Stoner

Interesting comment regarding the telemetry. Given that he lost the front a couple of times prior to backing off one can only assume he would've crashed anyway?! I am confused. Is Casey saying his set-up and strategy is risky with a full tank? Perhaps he should have run less compression damping and ridden smoother until the fuel load dropped before twisting the adjuster up. Whilst I can understand his desire to put a marker down to try and demoralise the opposition, taking such risks seems a little silly. Surely given his pace he could've 'simply' eked out a lead by tenths rather than trying to do it by seconds.

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

All Good Things.....

Come to an end. ALTHOUGH... if what he says has some truth (which usually does with stoner) then the rear of the desmo - the bain of melandri and hayden - has been substantially tweeked.

Seems like we might start seeing 2 red bike racers on the podium at long last (last being 2006!!! sete gibernau and capirossi - cnt rem where though)

Even though it was a blow for the start of a season, stoners just gonna come back slugging like never before.

The big-bang-gambe-V4 Desmo engine seems to have paid for itself though!

Many where saying it is going to be a mega 50/50 thing, it'l either work or not.

Well, work for the factory machines, the satelite boys havnt faired very well so far. be interesting to see how reliabability goes in the year too.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Err hasn't Nicky had a hard fought podium with Ducati? Get it right MCN.

Reply to this Topic
Keeno46

Jul 08

Keeno46 says:

SiegerMotorsports

Sete Gibernau was never on the podium in 2006

Last time he reached the podium was 2005 at Donington i think 

Reply to this Topic
jimjamyaharr

Jul 09

jimjamyaharr says:

nostrodamus i know you an intellagant man i have read alot of your posts, but surley if was as easy as a little suspension adjustment ducati would have done it? or u should be working in motogp. anywho as a racer you ride in your comfort zone, going slower can infact be more dangerous than going faster, especially with all this talk of very stiff tires that need alot of load to get them working properly. but im no expert its just my opinoin im im mostly wrong.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle