Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso hails Honda engine speed MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso hails Honda engine speed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso hails Honda engine speed

Andrea Dovizioso has praised the impressive top speed of Honda’s new 2010 factory RC212V machine after his podium finish in the season opening Qatar MotoGP race last weekend.  Dovizioso claimed only his second rostrum finish for Honda’s official factory squad when he used the superior speed of his V4 machine to slipstream Nicky Hayden’s Ducati GP10 in the dying seconds...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 April 2010 14:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jimjamyaharr

Jul 09

jimjamyaharr says:

sounds like dovi has taken alot of positives and conferdance from qatar and i hope he and the bike can keep improveing. i would really like him to be in a good battle, proper faring bashing and overtakeing to really test his metal and race craft

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Honda speed!

Well it was going like a........ Ducati..... down the straights!! haha We'll just have to see if it's still going after a few races more.......... that's the question. I must admit It's surprising how quick Dovi's bike was, I don't seem to recollect Pedrosa's going that quick, or am I wrong? Time will tell. Maybe they've got 2 different engine configurations for each bike? Come to that I didn't see any of the other Honda's going that quick either. Let's see what happens a few races down the line if it blows up!!

Reply to this Topic
seanogorman1

Aug 06

seanogorman1 says:

Reliability

A Ducati fan questioning Honda reliability....theres a laugh!

people say honda have lost the plot when it comes to motogp but truth be known the honda has always been a good bike .....they just need a rider

Reply to this Topic
bobthedray

May 08

bobthedray says:

Gearing

Was Dovi using a different gearing to any of the other Honda riders. He looked to be slower coming out of the three slow corners after the straight, but then made ground on everybody through the faster corners. I think he thought about it and compremised being slower through the slow corners and faster down the long straight.

Reply to this Topic
juan el sombrero

Nov 07

Was this speed helped by the new guys in the garage from Yamaha? Honda know that they have to catch up and will be trying everything,different parts for dovi wouldnt be a suprise. Both riders know they need to come in the points good and proper for a good saddle next year inside or outside of honda. Honda will make a massive comeback next season i predict. Its nice to see them back at the front-the series needs a bit of competition again!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Top speed?

It is all too easy to say someone has the fastest bike but there is always an additional factor. Much like in WSB where everyone seems to give the Aprilia a huge top speed advantage sometimes the rider makes a difference. I have been much faster than guys on big litre bikes on to the back straight at Almeria on a mates bog standard Ducati 749, one of the most heralded heavy under powered bikes ever! I could slay them! Much like Biaggi who used a bit of a different line exiting the final turn at Portomao he made the other 200+bhp monsters look slow. Dovi looked to have a better exit strategy at this race as well as good horsepower. Well done to Dovi and Honda to get some speed with out the much respected fly weight Pedrosa on board.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices