Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies ready for the unknown MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies ready for the unknown

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies ready for the unknown

Ben Spies is ready to start the toughest period of his first full MotoGP campaign when the premier class circus moves to the Far East next week for the Japanese GP. The Honda-owned Twin Ring Motegi circuit is one of the tracks that the 25-year-old American has no previous experience at.  And the Japanese race kicks off a tough period for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 April 2010 15:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

No Track Experience?

Hardly going to stop his results...

Reply to this Topic
Ozzie3

Dec 04

Ozzie3 says:

Track Experience

I dont seem to remember lack of track experience caused him too much trouble last year. Had he ever seen any of the WSB tracks he won on last year ?. This bloke is a once in a decade pure genius,wouldn't be suprised to see him pushing for podiums by the end of the season.Then next year lets hope he gets a full factory bike.It makes me think who is the pretender to the crown,Lorenzo,Stoner or the new lad on the block.

Reply to this Topic
jimjamyaharr

Jul 09

jimjamyaharr says:

we all know hes a quick learner, but the next 5 rounds will be the hardest of his life! going to a new track on a trackday is hard enough for the first few sessions, and thats with a bike you know and that is a simple bike to set up and ride! i dont think this will show his true ability because of the limited track time he will have but i belive it will show how smart and logical a rider he can be.

Reply to this Topic
bugref

Nov 08

bugref says:

While waititng for the Race it might be helpful if you play the tracks in Playstation 3 XD, sounds silly but you have been doing this in WSBK and i guessed it will help you alot in finding the race lines. and have a thorough overview of what th tracks look like.

Reply to this Topic
jtfan

Jul 09

jtfan says:

i have moto gp on wii that i could lend him to learn the tracks on :-P

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Awesome

Ben is a quick learner and he may just click with some of the unfamiliar tracks and surprise the regulars. He is quite cooly playing things down in case he struggles, but the team have plenty of data with which to play with and dial him in quickly. Sieger I agree with you he is still going to bang in results. Ozzie3 I agree (well duh so do the experts) he is a very studious and clever man. But I do refer you to the last sentence in the article and qoute Ben as much as he says he isn't knocking WSB (obviously because he looked great being champ in his rookie year) but WSB are big wobbly machines and the difference to getting the maximum from a Moto GP bike is a world apart! Damn he looks good though after round 1 aye??? "C'mon Ben just a lil' bit faster"? Yeeeeehawwww!

Reply to this Topic
BigKatDaddy

Apr 09

BigKatDaddy says:

Do I detect a hint of Spies fanmanship (?) here. Well count me in, I really want to see him pull this off. He is a cool and gutsy rider, great to watch and I wich him all the best at the new tracks. Besides he's in my fantasy team so I rooting for him twice as hard (that R6 does look nice :-)) )

Reply to this Topic
Tgoose

Apr 10

Tgoose says:

"The next five tracks will all be alien territory for Spies"

Are you predicting he will be up in front with the aliens or are you saying the tracks are unknown?

:P

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices