Skip to content

Products New Bridgestone BT-023 impresses Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > New Bridgestone BT-023 impresses

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

New Bridgestone BT-023 impresses

MCN’s Adam Child recently travelled to Scotland to test the new Bridgestone sports-touring tyre. Here are his test notes… Save cash on motorcycle tyres Name: Bridgestone BT-023 Designed for: Sport touring on everything from Deauvilles to GSX-R1000s. There’s even a BT-023GT for heavier touring machines like BMW’s R1200RT. What’s its USP? Bridgestones sportiest touring tyre yet, replacing the BT-021, and estimated (by Bridgestone)...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 April 2010 14:02)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
markac65

May 13

markac65 says:

A must have tyre

I have a Honda CBF1000 the original tyres were bt57 and from new i did a fair few miles touring 8,500 before they realy did need replacing.  Being impressed with the bridgestone make decided to stick with them, but thought lets try some bt23's.  To good to belive is what im now thinking as ive racked up some 10,500 miles on these bt23's is this just a one off, wow got to get another pair on just to see.  The front is just over the wear indicator and the rear still has some left in it but for the sake of it i'm swapping them both, and looking forward to another 10k of hassle free reliable tyre.

Reply to this Topic
haremoss

Oct 11

haremoss says:

BT-023 on a FJR

Did 3500miles with them on an FJR 1300 in 10 days and they were still like new, 2500 on the motorways and a 1000 on the twisties of Switzland and Italy, very grippy in all conditions and we had some poor weather. Did the last 1000 on the motorway and pressures were well over what the should be and they squared off. Think its very important to watch the pressures but there is nothing wrong with the BT-023. Have done 4500 on them and expect to get 6/7000miles out of them. I would have got even more if I had checked my pressures correctly.

Reply to this Topic
haremoss

Oct 11

haremoss says:

BT-023 on a FJR

Did 3500miles with them on an FJR 1300 in 10 days and they were still like new, 2500 on the motorways and a 1000 on the twisties of Switzland and Italy, very grippy in all conditions and we had some poor weather. Did the last 1000 on the motorway and pressures were well over what the should be and they squared off. Think its very important to watch the pressures but there is nothing wrong with the BT-023. Have done 4500 on them and expect to get 6/7000miles out of them. I would have got even more if I had checked my pressures correctly.

Reply to this Topic
AcidEric

Jul 08

AcidEric says:

Replaced the Dunlop ditchfinders (D210's) that came fitted to my '11 Z750R with BT023's after the front end went from under me on shellgrip in damp conditions.

I'd done 2500 miles on the Dunlops the rear was getting close to needing replacing anyway but the front looked good for another 2k miles, but I lost all confidence in them after the slip.

I've now done over 9000miles on the BT023's. I've riden in just about every weather the UK can throw at us Snow & Ice, Hail, Torrential horizontal rain, Fast, Slow & Touring fully loaded. I can't fault them, they have stayed stuck to the road despite eveything.

The rear tyre is now pretty square and down to the wear marks so I've ordered another BT023 to replace it the front however I think will see out another rear.

If you want a sport touring tyre that does exactly what it says on the tin you can't go far wrong with Bridgestone's Battlax BT-023.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices