Skip to content

Discuss This “Bikers are orphan-makers” MP attacked by Labour colleague General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > “Bikers are orphan-makers” MP attacked by Labour colleague

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

“Bikers are orphan-makers” MP attacked by Labour colleague

The MP who branded motorcyclists “widow-makers and orphan-makers” has been attacked by one of his own party colleagues. Fellow Labour MP Steve Pound, a member of Parliamentary Motorcycle Group, said Barry Sheerman’s remarks were “hysterical nonsense”. The MP for Ealing North said: “Some people should get it into their tiny heads that bikers are more often than not the victims...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 April 2010 14:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
KWAKZ750S

Aug 08

KWAKZ750S says:

labour

"If anyone in my constituency is saying that, I’ll come round on my bike and have a word with them.”

Sounds like a threat if I ever heard one!!!

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

We were never included in the original Future Transport Policy when labour came to power because motorcyclists did`nt exist.

So now labour have elevated us to the sub-human level, well thats nice of them. I am surprised they had time to take their snouts from the trough to foul mouth us bikers?

I wish his Lardship well at the coming elections.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

BIKES

About time an  MP told his follow MP's off well done Mr pound.

I am still not voting labour so up yours brown

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

typical mp wont say sorry, is'nt it funny when they get stick they say it came out wrong, this man should lose his job because of his comments,

ride happy ride free

Reply to this Topic
simon0503

Jun 06

simon0503 says:

Are we really that suprised?

To me MP stands for Moronic Person...these people live in their ivory tower (aka Westminster), exist in a parallel universe to the rest of us and consider themselves to be above the law of the land. Mr Sheerman seems to think his narrow minded, infantile opinions are important. And the irony of it all? In a few weeks time he will be soon be begging his Huddersfield constituency to vote for him so he can keep his job.

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Oh Boy

What a twit, I wonder if this Barry Sheerman would blame the pensioners for being mugged.

I can just see it now, sheerman saying; those bloody old people should not be allowed out because they cause themselves to be mugged.

Let's all blame the victims rather than the perp.

Reply to this Topic
MrButterscotch

Jul 09

Lack of apology

If he knows his statement came out wrong, why not just apologise?  Simple answer, he's quite glad that he said it, and he meant it.  I'm pretty sure it's stuff like dangerous driving etc and hardened road furniture that causes far more deaths than the 1% of road traffic that is motorcycles.

Reply to this Topic
bazablue

Mar 10

bazablue says:

thieves and liars////...Lying and larceny party...LABOUR  and do please come round my house on your bike  ...you wont be riding away!!!

Reply to this Topic
cetdac

Mar 10

cetdac says:

Steve you'd be more than welcome!

I hate the idea its a Labour MP - I could understand it if it was one of Lord Snooty's two faced bunch - I think Steve Pound is spot on saying it as it is - well done that man!

But please give Barry a kick in the gonads!

Reply to this Topic
kisersozaye

Jul 08

kisersozaye says:

ucking labour

ucking labour,but steve pound alright in my book no matter what party hes from,had enough of motorcycles are widow maker shit,do you know this is statistical fact that people riding horses have more accidents falling off each year,than people riding motorbike(i state motorbikes nothing to do with mopeds),cars,bikes,trucks,bycycles,skate boards thay will all kill ya its all to do with common sense luck,experiance and the law within peoples minds,so this argument to try and restrict peoples freedom via the house of commons,with mps bullshit mamby pamby rightousness has to stop,fuck nanny culture,fuck goodys goodys who believe thay know whats good for us and try to tax our freedom,i love motorbike and i love my country,but if the laws due to mps prevent me from enjoying my freedom on my motorcycle let alone from expressing my self,then uck britain!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices