Skip to content

Discuss This BSB Thruxton: Broken femur sidelines Ellison British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > BSB Thruxton: Broken femur sidelines Ellison

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

BSB Thruxton: Broken femur sidelines Ellison

James Ellison is out of this weekend’s Thruxton BSB round. He suffered a high-speed crash at Goodwood corner in this mornings practice and sustained a broken right femur. After being stabilised at the circuit medical centre, he was taken to Winchester Hospital for further treatment. Ellison’s crew chief Mick Shanley said: “James said the was no apparent reason for the crash.  He...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (17 April 2010 13:34)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Thats very unlucky, hope he makes a quick recovery.

Reply to this Topic
mn228

Mar 08

mn228 says:

shame

What a bummer..hope he recovers well enough to make a serious challenge again...get well soon chap !

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

drama so early this season

so many injuries already this year in bsb,a shame for Ellison this looked like being his best chance ,lets hope he has a speedy recovery

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

Out of the running!

What a shame,that is championship over for this year,Ellison must have been one of the favorites as well,wonder who will get his ride while he is out?(Carl Harris?) Get well soon James.

Reply to this Topic
OllyA

Jul 09

OllyA says:

Grammar

Spellcheck.com   It seems articles online are now being written as badly as the weekly publication-what a shame.

Reply to this Topic
tommypotts

Jun 08

tommypotts says:

Is this his season over?

With an expected recovery time of 6 to 12 weeks for this type of break he could miss the next 6 races, he would then only have 10 races to make up all the points lost to get into the end of season shoot out. Who still thinks these new rules are a good idea?

Reply to this Topic
dale b

Jan 08

dale b says:

So MCN couldn't even find a picture of him on his swan honda for the article... good to see they still have their finger on the pulse. i was up the banking at nobles today and saw Hill and Ellisons offs. Both looked bad, Hill was very lucky to walk away from that one. get well soon James.

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Poor bugger,

I just feel totally gutted for James.He looks so fast and comfortable on the Honda and is obviously happy to be back with a familiar team so things were looking brilliant for his championship chances this year and then this happens.I guess thats racing but what a shame.I just wish him all the best and a fast and healthy recovery.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

ouch!!!!

i`ve broke the left femur and it took 2 months before i was fit again.....he should be able race after 2-3 months if it was pinned.......it`s the cramp that sets in not the break that`s painful.......good luck mate

Reply to this Topic
jonmx

Apr 09

jonmx says:

What??

After the session had been red flagged for the incident... Ellison continued to top the time sheets!!.... With a broken femur??? Again...What??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices