Skip to content

Discuss This Japanese MotoGP cancelled after volcano disruption MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Japanese MotoGP cancelled after volcano disruption

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Japanese MotoGP cancelled after volcano disruption

The Japanese MotoGP race, scheduled to take place at the Twin Ring Motegi next weekend (April 25), has been postponed until early October because of on-going European travel chaos caused by an Icelandic volcano, MCN can reveal. The Twin Ring Motegi race, which was due to be the second of 18 races on the 2010 MotoGP calendar, will now run...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 April 2010 10:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Damn, I was looking forward to next weekend!

Reply to this Topic
Jimmy 38

Sep 08

Jimmy 38 says:

It a shame that Japan has been cancelled but least Dorna have used there drains and scheduled it for later in the year.  3 races in 3 weekend again that fine with me but my sleep patten is going to be all over the place.

Reply to this Topic
lancealbon

Aug 08

lancealbon says:

Rocking October :)

October will be an absolute cooker regarding bike racing! Last round of WSBK + MotoGP Round 14 on 3rd October; then MotoGP Round 15 on 10th October; then MotoGP Round 16 on 17th October; and then MotoGP Round 17 on 31st October! My wife is pissed cause she won't see me much on ANY Sunday in October and I'll still fit in my breakFAST run's with the Blade! Life is great :)

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

Just proves that it doesn't currently work...

The current arrangement of tracks/races in my opinion doesn't work because they have to fly all the kit everywhere. Doesn't this cost more too? Would it not be better to do the rounds as close together, distance wise, as possible? They could then drive all the Europe rounds and keep the American rounds together too. Just a thought that seems so painfully obvious it hurts!!!! Some smart arse will now tell me exactly why they do them in the order they do I'm sure - ;)

Reply to this Topic
motoarenaru

Oct 09

motoarenaru says:

This article is on Russian

http://motoarena.ru/moto-gp/68-moto-gp/1556-japanese-motogp-cancelled-after-volcano-disruption.html

Reply to this Topic
obsceneuk

May 09

obsceneuk says:

I can only assume it's weather reasons but I do agree it really is stupid not to goto the nearest track after the race.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

i've always thought that some of the rounds could be swapped around so that travel could be reduced for the long haul races.  i'm sure the yanks would like the idea of a MotoGP double header in the summer .... though i've never understood why they go to Indy during the hurricane season !

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Any other GP would've been cancelled

and replaced with another Spanish round. I guess Japanese manufacturer muscle has enabled them to run a postponed round.

Reply to this Topic
juan el sombrero

Nov 07

anyone for hungary?? Kawasakibiker has a very good point regarding all the travel-does make sense to have both USA tracks within weeks/days of each other.

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

here's to everybody that thinks the motogp can just arrange there own calander..............well it just aint as simple as planning each race as close as poss to the next one, there are so many different race events that already have cicuits booked for a particular week of the year I.E formula1, wsbk, wtcc, indycar, native racing championships etc etc, hope this helps dudes!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices