Skip to content

Discuss This BSB Thruxton: Race 1 results - Tommy Hill takes first place British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > BSB Thruxton: Race 1 results - Tommy Hill takes first place

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BSB Thruxton: Race 1 results - Tommy Hill takes first place

British rider Tommy Hill followed up on his earlier good form to take first place in race 1 at Thruxton today. 1 Tommy HILL GBR Suzuki - Worx Crescent Suzuki 2 Josh BROOKES AUS Honda - HM Plant Honda3 Yukio KAGAYAMA JPN Suzuki - Worx Crescent Suzuki 4 Stuart EASTON GBR Honda - Swan Honda 5 Michael RUTTER GBR Ducati -...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (18 April 2010 17:42)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
li4mc

Jun 09

li4mc says:

Amazing racing today can't wait for Oulton Park!

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

enjoyed it too..

Credit to Tommy Hill he rode well, switched off as I keep saying he does but this time came back strongly and won. 

He needs to keep his head down and get as many wins as possible early on while others settle in, if he is to win the championship, the HM Plant bikes are getting better each meeting, both bikes looked good in the second race so I think each meeting they will get better.  Kagayama has lost nothing except his track knowledge, shame he is in the same team as the championship leader.

I thought the Swan bikes struggled to keep up with the leaders, I hope it isnt the case on every track.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

good first race but?

A good race also nice to see Kagayama in the mix but is it really necessary for Tommy Hill to keep waving his leg about like an idiot ? It must be very off putting for those behind him as he appears to look as though its a slip up ,also is it really of any purpose other than trying to mimic a couple of moto gp riders?, I think in the way Hill performs it ,it is both a hazard to other riders and looks ridiculous !

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

re Tommy & his leg

I agree Stig, I wondered if Kagayama thought he had a problem and backed off coming up the inside, he nearly got it ran over once too, that would snap or dislocate a leg straight away.  It is one way to get your name mentioned in the same breath as Rossi though!!

Tommy Hill is a blend of talent, ego and wandering concentration, frustrating rider at times, who needs to keep everything under control in himself to win a championship, although two wins is a good improvement for him this year.  He will never get another chance like this one again.

I thought they should have banned the leg waving straight away when Rossi did it, as it is also the universal sign for I have a problem or come past if a back marker, what will anyone think if Rossi or Tommy has  a problem and waves a limb??  Nothing probably and keep going.

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

two wins and two seconds and you class that as an ok start.windy windy what are you talking about.and as for an ego what are you judging that on.      stig what are you talking about .   i did not see one dangerous pass all race from tommy and if his leg waving helps him win races what is the problem.lots of very good riders are doing it probably a bit like kenny sticking his knee out for the first time. maybe one day all riders will do it.  windy if you could just shut up and say you was wrong you would be forgiven but until then shut up because you do my head in. 

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Re Colvill

You and Parkway sound like you are part of the same family or something, are you two going to inform us of your connection as you two are the tiresome ones.

If you remember you had to eat your words last year, not me, I was right you were both wrong.  You have not asked my opinion this year.

This year Tommy is on the best tackle in the paddock with the best team and top rider gone, so he has a much better chance this year than last, even I think he has a chance this year, he will never have a better chance than now.

That said he isnt one of my top choice riders and we will have to wait and see if he can pull it off, Kiyo and Brookes look good and their bikes have improved, I do not think the Swan Hondas are the bikes some people think they are, they are the best of the rest outside the remaining two big budget teams, but I think both of their riders are top riders, shame Ellison is out.  Kagayama is looking superb but track knowledge - bumps etc is everything in the UK and it is 7 years since he last rode a series here, the bumps will be different and he may not be able to remember every line on every track so if he got second or third it would be a hell of an achievement for anyone to pull off.

If Kiyos and Brookes bikes have both improved on all tracks then Tommy will be troubled to stay top of the pile, it is good for racing if Tommy did win as it is another potential champ in the mix the following year, we will see.

As I wrote on the other page about Tommy, what is this infactuation you and Parkway, if you are different people, have with the likes of Tommy?

Are you family or something? Are you him and his brother, sad if you are?

Or do you lean the other way and fancy them or something?

One word against them and you both are in, but people say plenty about most other riders and you say nothing?

What is the score with you two?

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

windy12

You are so full of shit.

What have you ever won? A fucking card game?

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Windy and Stig

Two little men with a hell of a lot of things to say[most of it bullshit]...quite a lot of us are getting sick and tired of you`re big opinions on riders personalities and whether or not they put their foot down...especially from two frustrated wannabes that have never slung their leg over a race bike in their lives.!OK then, maybe sat on one parked up in the pits! there`s two pillocks like you two sat next to me when I go to see my football team play,they`ve got loads to say as well but I reckon they`d have a seizure if they ran the length of the pitch let alone run non stop for 90 mins

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Re Parkway, Colvill and Jason

Maybe you would like to run through his illustrious career year by year and show me why he is more worthy than the other riders who could have had that seat?  You will not in any way change my mind that other riders are more deserving of that seat, even if he did win this year. 

Just look at other riders stats, Plater, Ellison, Easton and so on, Walkers return stats even, Karl Harris even in his catastrophic crashing year managed to get a result similar to Hill in one of his typical full years racing, forgetting people like Hodgson winning championships, and Kagayama's pedigree to get the seat.

6 years in BSB isnt it?

You have to have a Hill connection it is the only explanation for your comments to anyone who dares mention their name, like dogs patrolling a fence.  If you are the Hill brothers then you are a sad bunch, you should know better than read your own press.

Give your full racing explanation of why we are wrong to think other riders are more deserving of the seats and chances he has had??

I still say he carries massive rider sponsorship from somewhere and that is why he is where he is, not on talent.

Parkway you do bring a football terrace attitude to bike racing.  Stig keeps to his thoughts from facts and what he sees, not who he likes as do the other people who follow racing on here, seems fair to me even when I disagree.

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

I have meet him actually on a few ocasions when he did a shop lauch for me and he was a nice kid with no attitude at all.His time in bsb was on pirelli tyres when they where shocking to ride on.at a wet silverstone which is a massive leveler of talent he qualified pole in a world superbike race and he also had two fifth place finishes for yamaha in2007 in wss in a year when the series was mega competive. Then windy you bell end after losing the ride to some froggy twat on the r6 which was odd because you think he buys his ride he broke his leg.then when he came back after a series career ending crash he broke it again.as for his time in bsb last year he was leading at mallory when your hero took him out.and please dont go on windy about fucking bumps being the making of that accident .Then my memory goes shady because i am sure he rode at oulton for hydrex and finished on the podium.There has been four races so far and he has had two firsts and two seconds so WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. and on top of all this he is young which is what you keep bleating about. What is your problem.Mine is that i cant stand people slating riders when they have no idea.Even the guy who finishes last in a bsb race is so fast you have no idea.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices