Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati reveals rider friendly Monster 796 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati reveals rider friendly Monster 796

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Ducati reveals rider friendly Monster 796

Ducati has launched a new Monster 796 with the 803cc engine from the Hypermotard 796 and other improvements based on owner feedback. Broadly, the new bike is similar to the 696 and 1100 version of the Monster, both of which will continue, but the air-cooled two-valve 803cc engine is an all-new unit that debuted at the tail end of 2009 in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (19 April 2010 14:27)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1000TT

Mar 08

1000TT says:

Speed Triple or Ducati?

Looks like Ducati looked long and hard at Triumph's Speed Triple rear end before copying it! The tank, seat, and tail pod are not too disimilar either, single sided swing arm as well !! I like it, but not as a copy of something that was designed over five years ago.

Reply to this Topic
ChrisNewbigging

Jun 06

Interesting point, 1000TT...

But you are wrong, I'm afraid! Ducati has been selling Monsters with a similar bodywork since 1993, Ducati first put a single sided swingarm on a Monster in 2003 (the S4R), and they have sold high-level pipes for quite a few years too. So you could argue Triumph copied Ducati, on that basis! Thanks for posting, in any case! Chris Newbigging, Senior Reporter.

Reply to this Topic
bergenhaus

Mar 09

bergenhaus says:

Looks gorgeous

Red with Termignonis please!

Reply to this Topic
wobblyhead

Apr 10

wobblyhead says:

I like it but I'd rather see a streetfighter 848 with the exhaust/foot interference issue fixed

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Lookin good

oi loikes it :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

May have to

seriously consider adding it to my list (pending that lottery win). Trouble is, can't decide which colour; they all look good. Still, if its a 'roll-over' perhaps one of each...

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

I agree with wobblyhead about the streetfighter 848. However, I don't understand the comparisons with the Triumph Speed. The competitor for this bike is the Street, which although more similar is by far superior. The Speed is a different bike - bigger, much more powerful but less agile.

I hope it is a wake up call for Triumph A) to increase the power of the Street R and B) to update the aging Speed (15 years is an awfully long time in biking).

Reply to this Topic
aphmitchell

Jan 08

aphmitchell says:

ABS?

As the other 2 models are now available with ABS are they saying this one is too. I see from the pic that it has ABS on the dash so assuming that it has... Where does it fit in 87bhp and 58lb-ft compared to the other models of what?

Reply to this Topic
1000TT

Mar 08

1000TT says:

Street Triple/Speed Triple

Chris Newbigging, Yeah Right, I believe you... Still looks striking and just like the rear of the Street Triple and Speed Triple, it can't be denied, oval cans, the lot, but thanks for your posting in any case.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices