Skip to content

Discuss This Neil Hodgson calls it quits British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Neil Hodgson calls it quits

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Neil Hodgson calls it quits

Neil Hodgson has today announced his retirement from racing. The former World Superbike and British Superbike champion has been forced to quit the sport after aggravating the shoulder injury he sustained last year. Hodgson required extensive surgery to rebuild his left shoulder after last year’s motocross crash and then clouted the shoulder after a huge highside during practice on the Motorpoint...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 April 2010 10:28)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oldgittim

Jul 06

oldgittim says:

All The Best

Neil will be missed, but if it for the best then all the best in the future.

Love the book "back on Track" and still remember the GSE  racing days, with the loyal orange Afro hair wearing fans.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snjphotographer

Feb 09

goodbye

well it won't be goodbye, no doubt we will see him with tony carter in the studio on sundays and about in the paddock. i feel kinda privilidged to have seen his last outing on a race bike and to have one of his t-shirts that were given to us at brands.

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Happy retirement

What ever you think about Neil he has still been a world champion , and a worthy one at that . Saw the crash first -hand at Brands and knew it was bad . Good luck to you Neil and all the best for the future.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

It's sad that he has been forced into retirement through injury, but also sad for the team who now have to find a decent rider part way through the season. Having said that was it wise to have continued racing in the first place if his shoulder was that delicate. Footballers who have a history of injuries have to have thorough medicals before signing for a new team, last minute rejections due to failed medicals are not unknown.

Reply to this Topic
cookstown

Mar 09

cookstown says:

good kuck

very sorry to here of neils retirement he was a very good ambassador for the sport.wish neil all the best in what ever he does in the future.

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

now joins ' foggy ' & ' micky doohan '  as well as them i forget , will miss yer skill neil all the best for the future man , .... racing aint for puffs or muslims , ya take yer chances yer KNOW  the down side !!! ya dont bitch ya just do it cos ya CAN

Reply to this Topic
ledgerjim

Mar 08

ledgerjim says:

Neil Hodgson calls it quits

:upset:I was really sorry to hear the news about Neil as I was really looking forward to a front running season on last years winning bike. I was never convinced he was 100% fit and the Brands crash has killed it, crying shame.

I would like to send my thanks to Neil for all the great memories in BSB and WBS, the Walker season leaps to mind. And would like to wish him every success in the future, he was in my opinion a true racer and always better than the "52" guy..:upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

Ahhh Shit

Sorry to hear of your depature Neil. I hope that you move in to commentary. Enjoy what ever you do.

Reply to this Topic
carlos7

May 09

carlos7 says:

All the best..!

Sorry to hear that you have to call it a day Neil, I hope you are as successful in your next role as you have been in your racing career. All the best to you and your family. Get fit soon buddy....and thanks for the memories of pure class racing.....

Reply to this Topic
tintin0000

Feb 10

tintin0000 says:

no way

all the best my friend .ive followed you through from the start ,you will be sadly missed by me and all your followers xxxxxxxx

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle