General Legal weekend General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Legal weekend

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

Legal weekend

Although it would take some planning and hopefully the help of MCN (big hint there) i would love to arrange a weekend where every biker on the road is 100% legal (standard size number plate, legal exhaust, doesn't exceed the speed limit etc.....)

Last weekend was a perfect biking weekend and ofcourse there was an army of police patrolling the routes pulling bikes over at every opportunity (wonder how many people got broken into or mugged while all these police was tied up catching very bad people with loud exhausts or slightly exceeding the limit on a straight empty road)

If anyone is up for arranging a "dont satisfy them" weekend let me know

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 April 2010 12:14)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

a lot of bike cops out last weekend

in scotland, they didnt bother anyone about plates and endcans, they actually seemed quite friendly chatting away and handing out visorwipes, more of a ride safe promotion as supposed to harassing anyone, good to see them be part of the biking community

Reply to this Topic
liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

cool

thats good, i know you do get the odd police officer who rides bikes himself and basically gives you a friendly chat/warning (thats all thats needed) around wales last weekend i lost track of how many police cars i saw parked up, driving along or pulling bikes over. They even pulled into the bike meet and checked every bike that was parked.

There is a cafe in brecon where bikes stop on a saturday and sunday. the carpark has 2 enterances/exits about 20 yards apart. the main road has a double white line that goes as far as between the 2 enterances/exits (we all know your not supposed to cross double white lines) there is a layby across the road from the cafe that a police car sits in (you cant see it as your coming one way along the road and dont see it as your coming the other way til your right on top of it) but he can see the 2 enterences to that cafe carpark, when he sees bikes cross the double lines to get in the car park he books them

Reply to this Topic
liquid_metal

Mar 08

liquid_metal says:

same

thats pretty much the same in wales, i guess 9 out of 10 will try to do you for what ever they can (especially on a nice sat or sun) the odd 1 out of 10 seem to be alright (and normally bikers them self)

so i think a 100% legal weekend is called for, so although they will pull bikes as normal not one will be handed a fine, would be a kick in the teeth as the police will be paying all this over time for the "sunday service" alot of their police tied up on biking routes and not a penny in return.

MCN, HELLO!!!!! arrange this thing lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices