Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden on Ducati, new rules and volcanoes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden on Ducati, new rules and volcanoes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden on Ducati, new rules and volcanoes

American Nicky Hayden has given his thoughts on a range of subjects as part of a teleconference for the iconic Indianapolis circuit. The 2006 world champion gave his thoughts on his brilliant fourth place in the season’s opening round of the season in Qatar, as well as having an unplanned weekend off after the postponement of the Japanese GP. What has been...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 April 2010 16:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Good old days

The sight of Nicky and the boys sliding their 990s around the tracks of the world in years gone by , brings tears to my eyes !!!  Hopefully they bring the snorting 990s back but as we know Honda will complain till the cows come home if this is brought into effect because they needa tiny bike for wee Dani.

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Nicki

Hope he goes well this year . He is a class,  act does not bitch , gets his head down and gets on with the job . Would also be nice to see someone else up there with the aliens. Nicky and Ben Spies dicing with the big boys this year could be the spectacle we have been waiting for.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Monsters of rock

Man, the return of the 1000's, Jesus, they must indend to use resrictor plates. I mean if you can buy a 190bhp 1000cc bike over the counter, factory 1000,s have to be hitting at least 250bhp minimum.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Me 2...

I also agree with the previous comments. I would like to add that almost all of these riders are capable of running at (or very close to) the front - if their machines are up to it.

The racing so far has been much better. I hope and believe that this will be a very good year to watch these boys turning their wheels in anger.

I just wish there was more racing scheduled for the spring time. It's too slow getting started and too long between races!

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

concerning the move to 1000cc

it will be interesting to see how many factory teams switch to the 1000cc. Yamaha has said that they will stick to the 800 while there are rumors that Ducati are planning a new 1000cc.

The old 990 bikes were knocking out a rumored 240hp so the manufactures could make a new 1000cc putting out over 250hp with their eyes closed. But I would think the question is how much power can they put on the ground? I think a lot depends on how the tires are constructed. Bridgestone probably will only make one hard and one soft tire like they do now because I would think it would be seriously costly to develop and make different tires for the 800s and another for the 1000s. So which engine will fit the tires better will be interesting to see.

Have the rules been sorted yet? I would like to know if there is going to be a minimal weight for bikes regardless of engine size or is there different weights for bikes with different engine sizes?

Reply to this Topic
Robbed

Aug 07

Robbed says:

800 vs 1000

Yamaha will probably switch once they think about it.  Fastest in qualifying will probably be an 800, but racing changes things dramatically.  If the 800 doesn't get away at the front, a 1000 will slow it down in a corner, and then beat it to the next corner.  This is exactly the reason that everyone switched to 4 strokes the first year.  I think Team Roberts stayed with a 500cc and was left behind.  They could qualify well, but corner to corner sprints were impossible.

Granted, the 990s had a lot more power than the 500s, but the 500s were lighter and much better at cornering.  In addition, engine mgmt for 4 strokes helped apply the power, so there are some differences.  At the end of the day, I still bet the 1000s will rule the roost, even if they don't qualify ahead of the 800s.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices