Skip to content

Ask an Expert pan european starting problems! Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > pan european starting problems!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

johnlufc

Apr 10

johnlufc says:

pan european starting problems!

hi there fellas

i recently purchased my first pan and i love it only problem is that sometimes i go to start it and its tottally dead then i turn the ignition on and off for a few times and it starts no problem like a new bike its puzzling me

its a pan st1100 1991 model only done 26000 miles its immculate just this only problem

it does it if the bike has being left for three or four days and like i say once it starts it keeps going

hope someone can help thanks john

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (24 April 2010 12:44)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
magmann

May 06

magmann says:

Are you sure turning ignition on/off is the temporary cure? If it does not start, try walking away for a couple of minutes, leaving ignition on and then try starting again. If it runs, you know it is some other problem, such as fuel flow.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

pan

Welcome john,when you say totally dead do you mean when you turn the key or when you push the starter button?

Reply to this Topic
johnlufc

Apr 10

johnlufc says:

pan

i mean when i push the starter its dead when i turn the key all electrics come on i tried the turn the key this aft no start so i left it for a few minutes then it started what is the cure then regards.

Reply to this Topic
johnlufc

Apr 10

johnlufc says:

pan

would it not turn over though if the problem was fuel flow??

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

pan

I would disconnect the battery and check the block connector below your ignition switch for corrosion first,then i would check the fuses(ignition mainly) and carrier for same.Then I would then check all the safety cut out switches for faulty connections,side stand,maybe clutch,kill switch,neutral switch and tip over switch if fitted.The last guy on here had a faulty side stand switch but his pan would cut out on a run as well.They are also noted for the diaphragm failure on the petrol tap but that`s not yours.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle