Skip to content

Discuss This My first sportsbike First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > My first sportsbike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Neil Manning  says:

My first sportsbike

Having taken my test at the ripe old age of 42, I played safe and rode a brand new Suzuki Bandit 650SA. Having mastered the basics of riding a bike I then wanted a bit more power and moved up to the 1250 Bandit, again brand new. I had found my heaven. I have not sat behind the wheel of a car...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 April 2010 09:17)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sheepshank

Jun 09

sheepshank says:

Nice Bike!

You have lived my future!! At 38 I have had my licence for a year and have had, so far, a year of learning the road on my bandit 650! I aim to eventually get a GSX in the near/distant future too (but don't tell the missis!)

Safe riding!

Reply to this Topic
jonnyboy23

Apr 10

jonnyboy23 says:

Good On Ya!

Yup, like you I decided to take up biking 6 years ago when I was 42 and have'nt looked back since, new CBF500 then CBF600 and since last September a CBR600RR which I honestly think is the best thing I have ever owned, I use it everyday for commuting and it never fails to put a smile on my face although some p**** nicked it last week but the plod found it within a few hours cos of the tracker. Continue having a great time and be safe....

Reply to this Topic
bagwafu

Apr 09

bagwafu says:

Nice one!

Lovely bike - Go Gixer! You can now join the gixerjunkies(.com)! See you there.

Reply to this Topic
Cubikrube

Mar 07

Cubikrube says:

Grats

I've only had my first proper "sports bike" for about 2 months, it is also a Gixxer 750 but a k5, it is something else. And i think i will be joining the gixxer forum asap! :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices