You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Vibrations on 2010 CBR600RR

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mickeynoodle

Apr 09

mickeynoodle says:

Vibrations on 2010 CBR600RR

My girlfriend has had this bike for 6 weeks now, it's had it's first service, dealer says that they don't think there's a problem. At 4000 and 5500 revs in any gear when at constant speed or decelerating she gets vibrations in the bars and screen.

She has ridden a good few bikes in her time and I don't think she would imagine it. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (28 April 2010 20:42)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

its

nothin daft like tyre pressure is it?

Reply to this Topic
mickeynoodle

Apr 09

mickeynoodle says:

Vibrations on 2010 CBR600RR

No, pressures are spot on, it was serviced yesterday but still has problem, dealer didn't think there was an issue but we arn't convinced.

Reply to this Topic
triumphrider600

Feb 09

modern 600's

can be a bit vibey. Having said that though you have a destinct band in which it is happening.

Is it totally run in now??

If it is then I would be tempted to get the dealer to centralise the engine again. it sounds like one of the mounting bolts is out of line causing the buzzing through the frame.

Tom

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I havn't ridden one, but it could be just be a trait of the bike. Most bikes at some point in the rev range have a resonance that can cause vibrations through the bars if held at a constant rpm.

Onyl thing I can advise is to try and change the weight in the clip ons. Either by changing the bar end weights, or packing the the inside of the clip ons with lead.

This may move the resonance to a different part of the rev range where she wont be riding it on a constant throttle as much.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

What he said...

Bar end weights might help, or ride around it - i.e. don't let it dwell where the resonance lies.

Has she ridden a lot of out-and-out sports bikes?

Supersports (600cc) engines don't have balance shafts but do generate a lot of secondary imbalance (to do with conrod length versus stoke).  Then they get rigidly mounted in the frame.  At some point in the rev range that's going to tingle, but hopefully only the same as other identical models?

Loosening, jiggling and re-tightening engine mountings can have an effect on resonances.

Reply to this Topic
mickeynoodle

Apr 09

mickeynoodle says:

Bad vibrations

Thanks for the replies and helpful thoughts on this! we'll give the bar ends a go as that's a simple thing to try, and then ask the dealer about the engine mounting bolts - they have suggested that its a trait of the bike, and could be a frequency vibration - we'd never heard of this before, as she's previously had 5 sports bikes (every make of 600 and an R1), and not experienced this before, we weren't sure if this could happen - tho the RR is the lightest bike with the most compact engine she has ridden, the previous bikes were all much earlier (and heavier) models. Its interesting to read that the 600s don't have balance shafts, I thought all bikes had them to eliminate vibrations.

Cheers all!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices