Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Nicky Hayden on pace again MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Nicky Hayden on pace again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Nicky Hayden on pace again

Nicky Hayden showed his brilliant fourth place in Qatar earlier this month was no fluke after the American rider set the third fastest time in opening free practice for this weekend’s Jerez clash. The 2006 world champion logged a best lap of 1.40.148 to jump from fifth to third in the closing stages and finish behind factory Ducati team-mate Casey...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (30 April 2010 18:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Nicky

Did used to like Jerez back int' day. lots of lefts = stomping ground for the American. Be nice to see the fabled 4th alien!!! Pedrosa and Dovi are my dark horses tho ... dont let their slow start fool you one second!

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Dovi?

Well Dovi is behind at least two MotoGP rookies at the moment, which can't be good, his slow start is fooling HRC who are lining up Jonny Rea. But you might prove me wrong, good luck to you, but personally I would rather see Hayden on the podium. 

Reply to this Topic
li4mc

Jun 09

li4mc says:

nicky

great to see hayden on form on the ducati. GP needs more people up to top! the racing is boring when you compare it to British or world superbikes.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Ivebeenthehero

Rea is young and fast enough to make the switch to GPs but you are talking about HRC. They haven't been too keen on former WSBK guys in the MotoGP era. They passed over Colin who won them 2 WSBK titles AND 2 Suzuka 8 hrs and they passed over JT who won his 2nd WSBK title on a Honda. Considering Rea hasn't achieved no where near what those 2 have I would say it may be a long shot. The only former Superbike rider Repsol has had recently is Hayden and they never wanted him in the first place and ran him out of there as soon as they could even after winning the title. Throw in the fact that no rookie can go straight to Repsol team to replace Dovi it's more likely that Simoncelli or Aoyama are being groomed to replacement him if he is to be replaced.

Rea needs to be spectacular this year and he will have the chance. The bike is better than it was at this point last year and he is also racing the Suzuka 8 hrs and the Suzuka 300km before that. He's been tied to Honda through HM plant in BSB to Ten Kate in WSS and WSBK. You would hope Honda would show some loyalty but their track record isn't too good for WSBK riders.

I almost forgot - GO NICKY!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Rawdawq I agree with your references to HRC's poor record on signing WSB stars, but I think Honda already had lightning quick men on their MotoGP bikes back then. HRC were sniffing round Jonny and the Ten Kate team earlier this season and now their bike is getting new bits and winning. I reckon a deal has been done between Ten Kate and HRC for more support in return for Rea next year, if he does the business in 010. That would make sense for Ten Kate as you need factory support in WSB now. Gone is the day that a kitted bike is going to win a WSB Championship. But you are right I had forgotten the fact that a rookie can't go straight to a factory team, which does perhaps scotch my theory.

Reply to this Topic
oldchop11oo

Apr 10

oldchop11oo says:

i'm also happy to see nicky haden on pace mabey ducatti are listening to him now would love to see him on the podium, don't let dani's slow start fool anyone he is total world class and will fight with everything he's got, i think this year might be more open than people think there's alot of rider's with alot to prove and alot of contracts running out so they are fighting for the best riders, will this season see rossi think about a ducatti ride if yamaha can't save money or give the bike more speed !!!!!!!!!! could be an interesting season i for one am really going to enjoy it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices