Skip to content

Discuss This Oulton BSB: Hill claims pole British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Oulton BSB: Hill claims pole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Oulton BSB: Hill claims pole

Tommy Hill left it until the final seconds to claim his second pole position of the season on the Worx Suzuki today (Sunday) at Oulton Park in qualifying for tomorrow’s BSB third round.  Hill’s sensational 1:35.21 lap meant he edged out Swan Honda’s Stuart Easton by just 0.394s. Hill said: “It’s been a tough weekend but the Worx Crescent Suzuki...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (02 May 2010 16:53)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
675cc

Oct 09

675cc says:

bobthe dray

Wow you must be some guy? Able to read others blood pressure via the internet . Your point about R6 LOL Crutchlow ? LOL, yet another overrated big head! MY OPINION! So............ how is it your comments 'hold substance'? Just watched a great ride by Easton . Now that is one hell of a rider, cool calm and not big headed at all. Superb ride. Injury or not, [he isnt the only one] still looks a tit when he leg trails LOL

Reply to this Topic
bobthedray

May 08

bobthedray says:

Well well another Tommy Hill fluke, should he carry on like this he might even fluke the championship, and all of that on the best bike in the championship, I wish I had that sort of luck

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Re 675cc

Mate have you not seen the form here?  If you dont worship Tommy Hill you will be jumped on, very sensitive subject, I think they comment on here as do some of his family, pathetic isnt it?  They avoided the question when I asked on another thread, Colvill answered but he was alone.

I agree with you, until this year he has been very ordinary, must have one of the worst records to get a top seat, but must have brilliant sponsorship, but sponsorship not rich enough to stay on the World scene.  That is my opinion too, but not what I have made up in my head, the record and years on a superbike state this.

However I thought he did rise an excellent race on Sunday. Valentine is good at reminding riders that they are employed to work, Hill has his head down and is grafting, it could be the making of him in this team. Now I am pleased he has that seat, or the championship lead could be even greater, imagine if Easton or Kiyo were on that bike. 

We are back to where we were last year.  An outstanding bike - brilliant for Suzuki and well overdue, combined with the best funded remaining team leading the championship, but at least this year in my opinion they do not have the best rider.

The other teams are just fighting over the scraps, none of them look as if they will emerge as a strong championship contender.  I cant see anyone challenging Tommy Hill for the championship, Stuart will get wins but that bike good as it is, is not as good as the Suzuki or as good as the HM Plant Hondas when they set their bikes up properly.

Stuart Easton is the class of the field but at least (for us) he isnt in the biggest budget team.

I cant believe HM Plant's performance, really poor, the riders both look good, Kiyo looks really strong, but their bikes just arent set up properly at every other race.  I wonder if they are thinking more of the new (possible) regs for next year and not developing or throwing more money at this?

If Kagayama is ok after yesterday it will be just a matter of time before he steals points of some of the other contenders and puts Hill further out of reach of the other teams.

The races are good enough to watch, but not from a championship point of view, the evo regs are definately needed, at the moment it is like having two World Superbike teams in a paddock of domestic superbike teams, it doesnt look as if there is any way to elevate the rest of the teams up to their standard so it must go the other way and take the top teams down.

It shows in Superstock that if a top rider is placed on an 'ordinary' bike he can make the difference, so all the top teams need do is emply the very best riders and they still should be at the front of the grid and on the podium.

This would also stop this business of the likes of Andrews and Easton being overlooked for the best teams, the best teams would overlook them at their own peril and any up and coming rider would also have to be considered as the second rider or he could embarrass a top team.

I think the new rules are certain to come in next year, it is far too early to have one rider looking as if they already have it in the bag.  The problem with those rules is the transition period but it cant be any worse than this year or last, but may mean two further years of not perfect racing.

Look at WSBK where a lot of teams are on similar budgets, totally different.

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

windy that is the biggest load of bolloxs i have ever read   congratulations   never realised you was erv kanemoto  i am real impressed that you can tel that a bike is not set up correctly from your padded cell in broadmoor

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

re colvill

ditto, I am impressed you can read.

Re set up, they said so.  All tea bags these days, no leaves to read. 

Reply to this Topic
675cc

Oct 09

675cc says:

windy12

Well said stuff the others yoyr comments are spot on!

Reply to this Topic
675cc

Oct 09

675cc says:

windy12

Well said stuff the others yoyr comments are spot on! And No I do not worship Tommy Hill, to me he is just a VERY VERY ordinary rider with as you say no results as to speak of.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

cheers 675

The races are still good to watch, but the championship title is not going to be a battle at all, lower down it will be, it is lucky they brought in the new point system as it is the only hope for any excitement at the end, plus the spectators cant work it out, so they keep watching.  No taking away though Tommy Hill rode well especially in the second race, they were tough conditions for everyone.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Don`t start Windy up...please

if he starts waffling and talking out of his arse any more..he`ll end up believing all his bullshit...and NO!..I`m not a member of Tommy Hills Family..!Windy..you do love a conspiracy theory..!by the way when did 675 suddenly become an authority on racers ability.?if you ask me ,those two pillocks spend too much time with there faces pressed up against their computer screens instead of out riding or getting laid...

Reply to this Topic
675cc

Oct 09

675cc says:

parkway 70

Thanks for the insults ! Just because you are in Love with Tommy Hill and can't stand what YOU perceive negative comments about him, it does not give you a right to be obnoxious and foul mouthed! As it happens mate, I have been involved in Grand Prix racing as part of a very successful 250cc set up. [and 350cc come to think of it] so I do have a good knowledge about Motorcycle racing. I do not profess to be an authority on the subject, but I do have an opinion and will continue to air it. Windy12 made valid points, I agree with him, Fact is IN MY OPINION, Tommy Hill is nothing more than an average rider, not a superstar, no good history apart from R6 cup. I think the likes of Jessop, Andrews or many more would be doing the same job on that rocket ship Suzuki!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices