Skip to content

Discuss This Oulton BSB: Michael Laverty takes the win in race 2 British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Oulton BSB: Michael Laverty takes the win in race 2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

James Keen  says:

Oulton BSB: Michael Laverty takes the win in race 2

Relentless Suzuki rider Michael Laverty took the win in the second British Superbike race at Oulton Park today.  Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati rider Michael Rutter placed second, followed by Tommy Hill in third for Worx Crescent Suzuki.   HM Plant Honda rider Ryuichi Kiyonari came in fourth, leaving Buildbase Kawasaki rider John Laverty in fifth.    1. Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS)   2....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (03 May 2010 18:09)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shamone46

May 08

shamone46 says:

Go on the blade!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

nice one Rutter/more pants from motorpoint

nice to see some new faces on the podium as well as an old one nice to see Michael getting back to form,where are the " whatsthepoint yamahas ?" another great season in the making for them! so much for all this new chassis and the Ellison test last year sign up a new manager before they retire some more riders its pathetic,good luck for Cadwell blade

Reply to this Topic
holestonecowboy

Jan 09

laverty

Just in case there has been a slight mix up.  It was micheal laverty who won second bsb race. Well done micheal, showing the rain mister how to do it in tricky conditions.

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

Where are the Tommy knockers now?

Another mature performance from Tommy Hill.

The shitheads that have been doing him down have all gone very quiet.

Speaking of shitheads - pride comes before a fall KRP racing.

You should get yourself a heavier bike........ 

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Re Jason

Yes he rode very well in the second race especially, I will give you that one.  He is keeping his head down and on with the job, that is what he must keep doing in case they lose their current on the track advantage later in the season. The Suzuki bike is superb too, good to see Suzuki get a decent machine after so many troubled years.

Do you seriously think it would be this way if GSE was still here though?  All that has happened is the two remaining big budget teams are going to be at the top, but one of them, HM Plant, appears to have lost their way at the moment, even though they have two good riders, cant see that happening every weekend though. 

Stuart Easton is something else, the preperation on his bike was brilliant too, although something did go wrong second race, but that team cant match the top teams every race, no matter how perfect they are.

Imagine what they will be like with the new regs if they happen.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Windy...

Its all very well coming out if ifs and buts the reality is that Hills been the most consistently fastest/ finisher and I know that bugs you big time...especially as you was always on your soapbox last year saying he didn't deserve this ride and that and how he was`nt capable of finishing in the top 5...! and before we have another one of your sermons..NO,I`m not related to HIll..I just think any rider that lines up on a BSB grid is awesome...

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

Suzuki's on track advantage.

Tommy Hill was always mixing it with GSE last year when he got to ride either the Suzuki or the Hydrex Honda. If you took Hil out of the equation, the way that Kagayama is framing you would say that WORX Suzuki had lost their way.

I believe that I did predict Kagayama as being an expensive waste of time this year and he is doing nothing to prove me wrong. Granted last weeks off may not have been his fault (I was there and saw it in real time) but I'm sure he would have managed to crash on his own at Oulton in any case.

It's high time he called it a day whilst he can still walk.

Meanwhile Tommy Hill continues to better the times from last year.

I will admit that am surprised at just how well he is going this year - but the advantage you speak of is down to him as much as the bike.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

Re Jason

Fair comment, you may be right. Guintoli isnt flying in WSBK either at the moment, but it may be settling in which is the issue.  I think it is almost impossible, Spies maybe the exception, to switch series and be good first three tracks, Kagayama will struggle to adjust, what has happened so far doesnt help as it reduces track time.

I get the feeling Reynolds and Valentine know this is their best chance for years and are on the riders case, keeping him work minded too, they both look very serious at the moment, it has had a good effect on Hill that is for sure.  He is impressive especially at Oulton.  I think Valentine knows at anytime HM Plant could get it together and give them a tough time, both riders but especially Kiyo look very good, the set up hasnt looked good as they said.  I cant see a challenge from anywhere else, good as Easton is he surely can only take the ocassional win.

The lead I think is bigger than camier's last year, it was about 78 points clear after the sixth track.  Cant remember the third track difference.

Whats your thoughts on HM plant this year?  Whats going on?  Rea's bike is performing well enough, the Suzuki has the edge but the WSBK Honda is good enough to challenge.

All of the bike testing boys have been made fools of, raving about the Aprilia when the Suzuki and, BMW is starting to look, the class of the field, they never spoke about that happening. 

Reply to this Topic
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

More thoughts

Regarding HM Plant Honda - I think Kiyo's head is down. He is a rider who has had his chance and the only place he is going after the UK national series is back home. He knows that and it shows in his riding. 

Josh Brookes is still learning the bike. Thruxton is fast, but not as technical as some venues so he won there on talent and bravery. It can take an injury strewn several years to master a superbike - look at Easton as a good example of this.

We must also bear in mind that Tommy Hill's lead is only about 8 points on the new podium bonus scoring scheme. It seems a pity for him that the advantage he has built up will count for relatively little when the top six are chosen in August or whenever it is.

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

could be..

however when he went off track in the last race the commentators did not mention how quickly he was closing on the riders in front he was flying, so I am not so sure.

I think their bike set up is eratic, like you say Brookes is raw, so Kiyo will not have a lot of help with settings from Brookes who was on the tracks last year, due to everything that went on last year, catching up, bad press, missed races etc, not the best rider for Kiyo to get help from, plus I cant imagine Brookes working well with other riders anyhow.  He wont even admit when a championship winning rider is good!!  Still like him as a rider though.

Kiyo will be on top form next season, but I agree it is a big ask this year to catch up all of these points and put in a challenge straight away.

Kagayama if this injury isnt too bad, he isnt on duty already because of it, will be quick enough if he stays next season, you can see he still has the speed, I dont think these incidents are an indication of his ability, but lets see how long his chances last even with his podiums at top level if this continues.  For most riders they dont get many chances and success is soon forgot.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices