Skip to content

Discuss This North Wales Police: "We've been misunderstood" General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > North Wales Police: "We've been misunderstood"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

North Wales Police: "We've been misunderstood"

Police in North Wales have broken a promise to use discretion over number plates that don’t meet the letter of the law but are clearly legible – and the force is blaming bikers for the resulting confusion. In February the force said: “Alternatives to prosecution will be considered in cases where the plate is clearly legible and it is clear that...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (07 May 2010 14:33)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
X1Glider

Jul 09

X1Glider says:

Who makes the plates?

I don't know about the UK, but in the US, we're issued a plate by the county tax assessor.  These plates are made by a single supplier picked by the department of transportation for the whole state.  If there's a problem with the plate, the fault lies with the tax office for issuing an improper plate, not the owner of the vehicle.  In the UK, is there not something similar.  I don't imagine everyone is required to make their own plates.  You must buy them somewhere.  Why are they not correct?

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

U might wanna learn something about GB before commenting...

No, we don't do it like in the US. Firstly, we get the vehicle WITH the plate, and how we get our numberplates is different. www.google.com for more info

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

Ahaha

You clearly do not know about the US or the UK

in both countries you get an official vehicle registration plate that meets regulations

in both countries you can go out and pay a man in a shed to make you a smaller illegal plate, and attach it to your vehicle for "good looks" at your own risk :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

in the US there's no need, and I've nevre seen one

US and Canadian motorcycle plates are about as small as the smallest (illegal) plates u'd see in the UK and hence there's no need. What people DO tho is mount them in places you can't generally see them so easily like behind the rear shock, or flush under the tailpiece. "cutting down" plates isn't really a significant industry in the US or Canada, whereas it most certainly is in the UK (partly cos our plates are so bloody huge - car and bike).

Reply to this Topic
eltomo

Dec 09

eltomo says:

For F*&% sake just put a legal plate on your bike

For F*&% sake just put a legal plate on your bike, honestly! why bother? what is the point? seriously! why is biking riddled with such posers, big deal, you should be looking fowards not at the back of your bike. grow up, put a legal plate on and they'll leave you alone. end of story. and as for the dude harping on about the US - SHUT UP your boring mate. google that.

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

eltomo not sure if ur referring to me or not...

if u are, I'd suggest ignoring it, and if you're not I'd suggest the same. You massively miss the point: this bloke wasn't trying to have one on the rozzers w/ a small plate, he bought the bike w/ a plate that was BARELY illegal. In fact the bloke who originally owned the bike and got the plate probbaly didnt even know it was illegal as the difference is so small, so the POINT in case u missed it, is that the N Wales police are fascists who abuse their power, and live by the letter rather than the spirit of the law.

Reply to this Topic
snoman1956

Aug 09

snoman1956 says:

Wake up North Wales

What a pity that the police of North Wales continue with their low tolerence attitude to most things bike related.  What incentive is there for bikers to ride that lovely part of the world and put our hard earned cash into the hands of the local businesses.  Until the local people stand up against their mis guided police bikers, most of who have cars, will continue to consider this a blott and avoid supporting this area economy, WAKE UP NORTH WALES

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

The Police Lie

What else do you expect from the police ?

The police have been lying to us saying speed is the biggest cause of deaths on the road and serious accidents, when it isnt.............. Everyone knows thats a lie.

The police are still lying to us about this because no one stops them.

The fact that North Wales is riddled with class A drug and alcohol abuse is of little concern to the police because dealing with that costs too much money. Fining bikers on minor technical non-crimes earns money. Tax collection duty is more important than dealing with serious crime. Nothing ever changes ! Want plenty of class A drugs ? Go to North Wales.

The North Wales police should be rebadged with HMRC badges.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

What does North Wales economy rely on very heavily to survive ? Tourists and people who go there and spend money in the local economy.

I know North Wales very well and love the place, having spent many happy days/weeks and months there as a tourist and visitor all through my life. I know how desperately hard it is for the Welsh to live and survive and how much the local economies rely on us the visitors. It pains me each time I go back to see how the place is struggling financially.

The North Wales police confrontational action is damaging and will continue to damage the economy in their own country ! By keeping people with money who spend money in North Wales away from there.

Show some national pride and respect your national and local economy for goodness sake ! Without tourism North Wales is finished. That has always been the case !

Reply to this Topic
BikerBookworm

Nov 09

eltomo

you are right, but wasting your time....

The issue was the police stopping people who had not broken the law. If you do cross the line, then you should expect them to pounce.

For those that think it may be petty, they need to take it up with the law makers not those that police it. Furthermore, without a hard and fasts rule it then becomes a lottery which would be grossly unfair.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices