Skip to content

Discuss This North Wales Police: "We've been misunderstood" General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > North Wales Police: "We've been misunderstood"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

North Wales Police: "We've been misunderstood"

Police in North Wales have broken a promise to use discretion over number plates that don’t meet the letter of the law but are clearly legible – and the force is blaming bikers for the resulting confusion. In February the force said: “Alternatives to prosecution will be considered in cases where the plate is clearly legible and it is clear that...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 May 2010 14:33)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gabbro

May 09

gabbro says:

Hmm

Just wondering had the ruler been properly calibrated, and had the office been trained in the use of rulers ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

kl595...

Whilst you're on that thought why not attach the chip to the ECU and have a permanent satelite uplink and GPS technology all running at once ensuring that you are KEPT to the legal maximum permissable speed limit at all times!

We want left alone not harassed even more.......

Personally I believe that the sole reason for number plates is to ensure that everyone is held accountable. Too many individuals would happily crash into you and drive off whilst, as you mentioned, you searched for your barcode reader in order to identify their vehicle. Registration plates are simple things.

HOWEVER... There seems to be a great difference between 'legible' and 'legal'. I couldn't give a toss if something is legal but I sure wouldn't want to see my actions leave me unaccountable through someone who I had wronged not being able to identify who I was or what my vehicle registration (at least) was. There will always be people bend the rules but I bend them to screw the state and not Joe Public. I really don't need nanny looking out for me ALL THE TIME! When I need some assistance from her I will go ask for it but the present 'statutes solve everything' nonsense is merely a cash generating pile of 5h1te and is solving absolutely nothing in reality.

Reply to this Topic
Yellowninja600

Nov 07

kl595...

Whilst you're on that thought why not attach the chip to the ECU and have a permanent satelite uplink and GPS technology all running at once ensuring that you are KEPT to the legal maximum permissable speed limit at all times!

We want left alone not harassed even more.......

Personally I believe that the sole reason for number plates is to ensure that everyone is held accountable. Too many individuals would happily crash into you and drive off whilst, as you mentioned, you searched for your barcode reader in order to identify their vehicle. Registration plates are simple things.

HOWEVER... There seems to be a great difference between 'legible' and 'legal'. I couldn't give a toss if something is legal but I sure wouldn't want to see my actions leave me unaccountable through someone who I had wronged not being able to identify who I was or what my vehicle registration (at least) was. There will always be people bend the rules but I bend them to screw the state and not Joe Public. I really don't need nanny looking out for me ALL THE TIME! When I need some assistance from her I will go ask for it but the present 'statutes solve everything' nonsense is merely a cash generating pile of 5h1te and is solving absolutely nothing in reality.

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

Fit a legal plate........simples!!!!

Reply to this Topic
SGMotorsport

Nov 02

SGMotorsport says:

How would you know simply by looking at it that it was illegal.....simples my @rse

Looks perfectly fine to me... plod must be sooooo bored to even think of measuring a number plate to within milimeters.

There is NO way you could say this is a deliberate attempt to deceive.

Reply to this Topic
bobphillips

Oct 06

bobphillips says:

nth wales

don,t go to wales..simples

Reply to this Topic
Spider990

May 10

Spider990 says:

North Wales Police

I agree, Don't go to North Wales :lol:, Just for everyone's info the Police in the usual routes of North Wales are more prolific than ever despite the ar5eh0le Brunstrom going.

They are now in plain cars, Skoda Octavia VRS's (in silver) so biker beware, they are waiting everywhere for your cash, don't step out of line.

Spider990

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle